I’m pretty abysmal at gardening. I’ve tried those tiny flower kits that come with a one-inch pot, soil, and seeds, and nothing ever grows. But I do love how a plant can really give life to a space, especially in the dead of winter! I tend to buy myself a bouquet of flowers and call it a day. However, if you have more of a green thumb than I do, you should try these indoor garden ideas! Find ideas below for making terrariums, decorating terra cotta pots, planting succulents, and more! This is one collection you won’t want to miss this winter.
DIY Terrariums + Indoor Garden Ideas
Terrariums are only becoming more trendy. These DIY terrariums are simply lovely for your home or office space! A little goes a long way with these projects. For example, take the concept of fairy gardens with tiny elements, and apply that to terrariums. You can have a wonderful miniature forest housed nicely in a gorgeous glass planter. Or, you can even put one inside a unique receptacle like a coffee pot!
- Coffee Pot Homemade Terrarium
- Tropical Terrarium
- Star Wars Terrarium – seriously!
- Recycled Indoor Terrarium
- Too Easy Succulent Terrariums
- Jurassic Park DIY Terrarium – awesome!
- Living Terrarium Necklace
- Wood Slice DIY Terrarium
- Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea – NEW
Bonus! DIY Succulent Terrarium Ideas Infographic
Get the basic components for making terrariums and make one totally customized to you!
Indoor Garden Ideas
Just because it grows outside doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t grow inside! Make these lovely garden crafts to keep in your home during the colder months. Certain plants like succulents might even grow better indoors! Below, find some fantastic indoor garden ideas.
- Succulent Garden Arrangement
- Hamster Wheel Wreath
- Chalkboard Style Terra Cotta Planter
- Super Easy Succulent Garden
- French Countryside DIY Planter
- Cup and Saucer Planters
- Wonderfully Springlike Terra Cotta Pots