Have you heard? Tie-dye is hot again! And not just in the classic hippy-esque spiral shirts way (though always fun). Thank to some great new craft projects from Tulip, we are seeing modern and stylish fashion using tie-dye techniques (think refined skirts and applique sheaths) and great home decorating ideas. At this past MTV Movie Awards, celebrities even tie-dyed shirts and tanks. While popular with adults again, tie-dye has always been a favorite activity with kids and teens. With tie-dye, kids can make their own colorful clothes.
The FaveCrafts editorial team is having a blast putting together a new collection of tie-day techniques and craft projects from Tulip for an eBook to be published next week! Keep an eye out for it. Here are just a few projects as a sneak preview:
- For the most impressive tie-dye you are likely to see anywhere, check out Amethistle. She has this amazing origami tie-dye on the front page right now. She also has some helpful youtube videos on folding for tie-dye.
- Tie-Dye with Tissue Paper – Alison Lee of Craft Cast shares how you can tie-dye inexpensively with colorful, store-bought tissue paper. Dollar Store Crafts took this idea and applied it to dying a onesie. Aww!
- The teenage daughter of craft celebrity Crafty Chica, Maya, made this great tie-dye how-to video. What a star!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019