Have you been meaning to get hooked on crochet? It’s easier than you think! With this super simple tutorial, you can learn how to crochet everything from scarves to bags…not to mention learn a few nifty crochet skills along the way!
A few months ago, we asked our Facebook fans, “What crafting skill would you like to learn?”…and a wide majority said crochet, which I’ve been meaning to learn, too! For the past two weeks, we’ve run a mini crochet lesson in our newsletter to help guide new crochet fans as they learn to chain and slip stitch for the first time.
Just in case you missed the newsletter feature, I’ve decided to post the whole thing here, complete with materials you will need, awesome tutorials and guides, and even a few beginner projects that are easy and fun to make! With these simple lessons and suggestions, you’ll be up to your knees in crochet patterns you can’t wait to try!
Beginner’s Crochet Tutorial
Must Have Materials:
- Crochet Hook: Crochet hooks come in various sizes. For beginners your best bet is to use bigger hooks that allow you to better visualize the stitches made in your projects.
- Yarn: There are all kinds of yarns out there to select from…but I recommend going with an average worsted weight yarn. Once you improve your stills, you can use the more elaborate yarns for your projects.
- Stitch Marker: These are great for crocheting in the round…so if you’re looking to make a hat, bowl, doily, or place mat, be sure to grab some stitch markers to help you keep your place.
Easy Tutorials and Guides for Beginning Crocheters:
- Beginner’s Guide to Crochet
- How to Read a Crochet Pattern
- How to Convert Patterns
- Choose Your Hook Size
- Helpful Crochet Abbreviations Guide
- Hook Conversion Chart
- How to Crochet in the Round
Easy Beginner Crochet Projects:
- Cozy Baby Cocoon and Hat
- Sparkling Christmas Afghan
- Beginner Floral Scarf
- Building Block Cowl
- Beginner Striped Scarf
- 24 Beginner Crochet Hat Patterns
- Purple Crochet Tote Bag
We want to know: What other crafting techniques do you want to learn? Leave a comment below and maybe we’ll feature it in an upcoming mini lesson!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019