There is a theory in fashion that every 20 years, trends will start reappearing. In the late 90s, fashion from the 1970s, like flared jeans, daisy chains, and colors like olive green and burnt orange, was the rage. In the mid-2000s, the 80s were alive and well. I remember being in high school about 10 years ago and rocking bright eyeshadow, band tees, and fishnets (Yikes!). And it seems like this 20-year staple has come around again, because the fashion, colors, and styles of the 90s are absolutely trending everywhere right now. 90s fashion faves like crop tops, bright bold colors, and platform shoes are in demand from fashionistas everywhere. However, it doesn’t matter if you were a 90s kid or not, because you can still embrace these crazy fun vintage jewelry ideas that are all over the runway.
From looks inspired by classic 90s movies like Clueless to the glamorous styles worn by famous 90s supermodels, there’s literally a look for everyone! If you spent most of your teen years at the mall, I’ve got you covered with fun DIY accessories inspired by your favorite stores. I’ve made sure to include the most popular jewelry trends from the 90s, from hemp bracelets to velvet accessories, so that you’ve got endless options for when you’re channeling your favorite nostalgic vibe.
If you’ve got your own 90s-inspired jewelry patterns, or just want to let us know why you love the 90s, make sure to leave a comment below! Sit down, relax, pop in your favorite 90s movie, and get to crafting your favorite easy jewelry pattern from the list below!
As If! 21 Jewelry Patterns Inspired by the 90s
Pop Culture Princesses: Jewelry Inspired by Your Favorite 90s Icons
- Drew Barrymore Butterfly Necklace
- Gwen Stefani Name Necklace – Glam + Punk
- Naomi Campbell Velvet Statement Necklace
- Spice Girls Charm Bracelet – Spice Up Your Life!
- Liv Tyler Ring Choker
- Enya Bohemian Midi Ring – On Trend!
Scene Stealing Jewelry: Patterns from 90s TV and Movies
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch Choker
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Choker – A Strong and Powerful Look!
- Twin Peaks Beaded Bracelets
- The Craft Quartz Necklace – Completely Bewitching!
- Clarissa Explains It All Anklet and Toe Rings
- Blossom Opal Rings
- Clueless Vintage Brooch Headband – Get the Designer Look for Less!
- Romy and Michele Hair Pins
Mall Makeover: Jewelry Inspired by 90s Fashion
- Pac-Sun Inspired Summer Anklet
- Contempo Casual Knock-Off Hemp Necklace – Style Staple!
- Gadzooks Inspired Friendship Bracelets
- Limited Too Inspired Beaded Bracelet
- Delia’s Inspired Daisy Chain – A 90s Must-Have!
- Afterthoughts Inspired Peace Bracelet
- Claire’s Knock-Off Hemp Bracelets
What’s your favorite 90s movie? Leave a comment below!