From the Winter Olympics to the FIFA World Cup, 2014 has been filled with opportunities to celebrate diversity and learn about other cultures. Learning about different countries and their unique customs is a great way to grow a better understanding of those around us.
Of course, nothing beats traveling the globe and experiencing these cultures firsthand, but if you can’t travel, you can make those faraway places feel closer to home. These around the world crafts from FaveCrafts and AllFreeHolidayCrafts will help you realize that it really is a small world after all (sorry, I couldn’t help it!). Here are a few crafts inspired by continents like Africa and Asia, and countries like France and Mexico.
African Crafts for Kids and Adults
African culture is nothing short of beautiful, and best of all, Africa was where humankind first began. Africa is a collection of unique countries known for their beautiful beads, quilts, and pins. Africans love art, music, and the natural world around them.
- Beautiful Paper Beads: These beads are a great way to use up old magazines and protect our planet.
- Family Love Quilt: This quilt pattern uses a central panel featuring a touching family scene.
- Africa Themed Card Set: An African set of unique stamps creates a collection of beautiful stamped cards.
Asian Design Ideas
The countries that make up Asia are as vast and beautiful as the continent itself. Asian cultures value wisdom, hard work, and a bit of imagination, which makes this continent the perfect place to find craft inspiration.
- Asian Inspired Baby Jacket: Put those knitting needles to use with this free baby knitting pattern!
- Asiatic Lily Flower: For a colorful crochet project create this flower.
- Asian Inspired Embossing Board Card: This card has the perfect flair for a unique greeting or theme party invitation.
- Out of Asia: Creating this Asian-inspired necklace is easy with plastic and wire mesh.
Mexican Crafts for Kids and Adults
There’s no place in the world quite like the country of Mexico. From its beautiful holidays like Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) to its fascinating Aztec origins, Mexico is a great place to find inspiration.
- How to Make a Day of the Dead Shrine: Learning how to make a shrine for Dia de los Muertos can be a positive experience for remembering the deceased.
- Day of the Dead Decorative Skull: This paper mache skull is fun to make, and you will have a great experience as you adorn your skull with colored beads.
- Day of the Dead Skull Door Decoration: No matter the occasion, this lovely tribute to Dia de los Muertos will look amazing on your door.
- Aztec Gold and Blue Planter: Tribal patterns are all the rage right now, and with summer in full swing, this planter couldn’t be any better.
French Themed Crafts
- Must-Make French Chair: Learn how to paint a chair the French way – with lots of style and plenty of flair.
- Pretty Paper Pomanders: Always a classic wedding decoration, the name pomander actually comes from the French for a ball of perfume.
- Strawberry Macaron Flower Pops: If you want an adorable baby shower recipe that doubles as a decoration, make these macaroon pops.
A little bit of craftiness can go a long way – even to the other side of the world!
Which country would you most like to visit and why?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 6 Ways to Donate Your Handcrafts to Kids in Need Around the World through OCC - October 18, 2017
- New Ways to Share and Save on Prime Publishing LLC Sites - October 12, 2017
- 7 Absurdly Easy Afghans for Beginners - October 9, 2017