Winter can be quite beautiful, but there are also some downsides to this season. One of the worst things about winter has to be how dark it gets. The sun rises way too late and sets far too early. Let me tell you crafters, I miss the sun. But just because winter is holding the sun captive doesn’t mean we have to go without some form of light. I’ve compiled a list of crafts to bring a little light back into your life (at least until that glorious summer sun returns).
From candles to lanterns, there are plenty of ways to get your glow on. Looking for a standout decoration? String some LED lights into a DIY wreath, tuck them into a bottle, or weave them into a centerpiece. Looking to create a warm, glowing ambiance? Try some candles or little lanterns. While the sun is occupied, we’ll just have to create a little light for ourselves. Check out some of the crafts below!
Lanterns are a wonderful way to brighten up a room. Outdoors or indoors, these are fun crafts you can use even after winter. Learn how to make a lantern with these tutorials:
- Winter Wonderlantern
- Light Up Recycled Lanterns
- Thrifty Tin Can Lantern
- Christmas Lantern
- Lantern for Winter Solstice
DIY Candles and Votives
Nothing can give a room a soft, warm ambiance like a candle. Check out these candle tutorials and learn to make your own:
- Christmas Tea Cup Candles
- Slow Cooker Candles
- Cinnamon Candles
- DIY Holiday Shimmer Candles
- Little Seedpod Candles
LED lights are so versatile. You could string them throughout a room, weave them into a wreath, stuff them into a bottle, or even wrap them around a bike. Create a standout piece of DIY home decor with these crafts:
- Rustic Pine Cone Light Basket
- Light Up Frosted Ball Wreath
- Giant Coffee Filter Snowball Light
- Way Easy Wine Bottle Light
- Night Sky in a Bottle
Don’t miss out on our Ultra Thin Wire LED Lights giveaway!
One lucky winner will win a set of Ultra Thin Wire LED Lights in our current giveaway! Here’s what you could win:
- Six 7′ strands, one in each color: warm white, green, cold white, pink, red and blue.
- Two 30′ strands, one warm white and the other cold white.
The giveaway ends January 14, 2014, don’t miss out on your chance to win!
Latest posts by AllFreeChristmasCrafts (see all)
- Snow Need to Flake Out – 14 Snowflake Crafts & Giveaway - July 2, 2014
- Beachside Buddies: Summer Crafts for Kids - June 15, 2014
- More Tees, Pretty Please! DIY T Shirts for the Family - June 9, 2014