Learning to knit can be tough, so it’s best to start out with some easy knitting projects. All the better if those easy projects work up super quickly so that you don’t get bored or frustrated with your current project and stop knitting altogether! These free knitting patterns are some of our quickest and easiest knitting patterns, so they’re ideal for anyone who is just learning to knit or anyone who is a more advanced knitter but wants a quick, mindless pattern.
Easy Scarf Knitting Patterns
Scarf knitting patterns are a great place to start if you are new to knitting because they work up relatively quickly and are simple to make. These scarf, cowl, and infinity scarf patterns are all perfect for beginners, casual knitters, or anyone who is just looking for a quick knit.
- Cozy Ribbed Cowl
- A Green Lace Scarf
- Cozy Weekend Infinity Knit Scarf Pattern
- Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Beginner Montgomery Scarf
- Easy Cozy Cowl
- Garter Scrap Cowl
- The Altimeter Red Knit Scarf
- Lightning Fast Mistake Rib Scarf
- Eiffel Beginner Knit Cowl Pattern
- Two Hours or Less Scarf
Easy Hat Knitting Patterns
Any beginning knitter needs a quick and easy hat knitting pattern in their arsenal. These hats are all super simple to make and won’t eat up a lot of your time, so you can be wearing a super stylish hat in no time!
- Pink Quick-Knit Beanie
- Basic Blue Striped Beanie
- Basic Adults Knitted Beanie
- Everyday Knit Hat Pattern
- Lime Slouchy Hat Pattern
- Sunset Beanie
- Fairy Lights Hat
Miscellaneous Free Knitting Patterns
Although scarves and hats can be lots of fun to make, every knitter knows that there’s only so many scarves and hats one can have in their wardrobe. Once you’ve got a ridiculous amount of scarves and hats, to the point where you could never even possibly wear them all in a winter, you know it’s time to venture into other arenas of knitting. Here are some of our favorite easy knitting patterns that cover everything from baby booties to washcloths. These patterns are all still super easy and lightning fast.
- Easiest Baby Booties Pattern
- One-Hour Arm Knit Blanket
- Daisy Stitch Washcloth Knitting Pattern
- Two-Hour Fingerless Gloves
What’s your favorite type of project to knit?
Latest posts by AllFreeKnitting (see all)
- 22 Easy Knitting Patterns for Beginners - January 18, 2016
- The BEST DIY Gift Ideas: Knit and Crochet Baby Patterns - October 14, 2015
- Day of the Dead Crafts: 5 Ways to Celebrate - November 1, 2013