Golden Wedding Card
This design features a common symbol for weddings and anniversaries: a bell. One Irish wedding tradition has the bride and groom ring a bell at the wedding ceremony, then afterward keep it close at hand in their new household. Wedding guests would often ring small bells too, to "ring" the couple out of the church building. Throughout their married life, whenever the couple argued, they should retrieve the wedding bell and ring it in order to remind them of their solemn wedding vows.
- Bell stamp (Stampin Up)
- Cream Blank Card (Halcraft value pack)
- Cream Parchment paper (Staples Office Supply Store)
- Gold patterned paper (Sizzix Little Sizzles Classics)
- Gold paper (Strathmore Reflections Paper)
- Purple cardstock (Card Blocks- Classics, Die Cuts with a View)
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 026V Vintage Amethyst
- Kreinik #12 Braid 102C Vatican Gold
- Kreinik #8 Braid 026V Vintage Amethyst
- Gold micro beadlets
- Treasure Tape Sheets 4"x6"
- Cut rectangles from the patterned gold, purple, and parchment papers. Cut a piece of red liner tape that is a quarter inch wider and longer than your gold printed paper. Peel back the white liner on your tape sheet and center on your card. Peel back the red liner and place the gold patterned paper, printed side up, on the tape so that there is an eighth inch tape border around it on all sides. Mount the rest of your squares on your card, using the photo as reference.
- Starting at the bottom center of the card, cover the tape border with your purple ribbon.
- Peel the white liner back from the remaining treasure tape sheet. Stamp your bell onto the sticky surface of the tape. Replace the liner and cut out the shape. Peel the white liner off the shape, and stick your tape shape to the shiny side of the gold paper. Cut out the shape. Peel back the white liner on your remaining tape sheet again, and place the bell shape, taped side up, on the tape. Cut out again.
- Peel the red liner off the back of your bell, and center it on the parchment paper on your card. Press to adhere firmly. Peel the red liner off the shape, and begin to embellish. Follow the main lines of the stamp first, then fill in as you like.
- When you are done embellishing, press all threads down using your leftover red liner. Then place your card into a shallow tray or ziploc bag and pour beadlets over the tape surface. Swirl to cover fully and tap to remove excess beads.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.