Charming Heart Straws
Make these charming heart straws for your wedding or your next party! They're so easy to make with your Cricut machine and some glue dots. These straws make cheap summer wedding ideas, and your guests will love sipping through them!
See this project and more on the blog!
- Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition machine
- George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge (optional)
- Paper straws
- Yellow paper
- Glue Dots
- First I used the Cricut machine to cut out all of the hearts. Since I had 144 straws, I needed to cut 288 hearts (2 per straw). I started by cutting the hearts from the Just a Note cartridge, with comes with the anniversary edition machine. Then I plugged in my own cartridge, George and Basic Shapes, and cut the rest of the hearts from that cartridge. I liked the heart shape in that cartridge a little better for this project because the hearts were wider and curvier. The anniversary edition machine is compatible with all other cartridges, which was very convenient for me!
This is the heart shape from the Just a Note cartridge.
I used the Auto Fill feature to cut as many per page as would fit, until I had enough hearts.
- After all of my hearts were cut, I began attaching them to the straws. I put 3 glue dots on a heart (one on each side and one on the bottom) and attached that heart to a straw. Then I grabbed a second heart and pressed it to the glue dots on the first heart. Basically, you can just attach the hearts to each other and to the straw however you'd like. This is truly the opposite of rocket science.
- When you're done, display them in decorative glasses on the bar and your wedding guests can grab one to use with their cocktails!
More Whimsical Party Ideas:
Read NextMason Jar Cocktail Kit