Woven Watch Project
Make your own unique watch band from Katie Hacker with glass beads.
- 52" (132cm) length of .018" (.46mm) bronze Beadalon® 49
- One 1 1/4" bronze watch face with three holes on each side
- Eight 12x18mm rectangular brown glass beads
- Twenty 4.5mm round gold glass beads
- Gold Crimp Beads: six 1.3mm, eight 1.5mm
- Two gold 2mm Crimp Tubes
- One gold Hook
- One gold Split Ring
- Beadstorm™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Wire Nippers
- Cut four 8" (20cm) and four 5" (13cm) pieces of Beadalon® 49. Crimp a 1.3mm Crimp Bead (see page 3) on one end of each wire. On one side of the watch, string one 8” wire through each outside hole and two 5” (13cm) wires through the center hole.
- String one 4.5mm round gold bead on each of the outside wires. String the wire ends through opposite sides of one brown bead.
- Wrap one center wire strand over and one under the brown bead. String one 1.5mm Crimp Bead on the wires. Tighten the wires so that the brown bead is snug against the gold beads. Use the tip of the Chain Nose Pliers to flatten the Crimp Bead vertically between the brown beads.
- Repeat Steps 2-3 for four brown beads. Adjust the outside wires so that they are about 3/4" (2cm) as shown.
- Hold the wires together and string a gold Crimp Tube. Fold the wire ends in a loop through the Split Ring or Hook and place them back inside the Crimp Tube. Crimp the Crimp Tube. Cut off any excess wire.
- Repeat Steps 2-5 for the other side of the watch. See the large photo.