Painted Scroll Belt
A plain black belt gets a little glitz quickly and easily with metallic spray paint. Wear this belt from Krylon with a plan t-shirt and a pair of jeans - it will make any outfit extraordinary. Best of all, you can use a belt you already have or buy a cheap one from a discount store.
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Nickel (#51255)
- Krylon Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive - Clear (#7020)
- Fleur De Lis stencil set (Delta Creative)
- Plain black leather belt
- Plain scrap paper (with no printing or color on it — white copy paper works great)
- Painter’s tape
- Spray back of stencil with Easy Tack.
- Starting at the outside tip end, press long border area of stencil firmly to belt, making sure it stays consistently down the center. Mask off areas you do not want painted with paper and painter’s tape.
- Spray over stencil with Satin Nickel paint, then carefully remove and let dry.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 3 until entire belt has been painted.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.