Faux Crochet Doily Shorts
Even if you don't know how to crochet, you can make faux crochet embellishments for your shorts! In this craft video from Savannah Starr, you'll learn how to make faux crochet doily shorts using Aleene's adhesive and some vintage doilies.
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Shorts or skirt of your choice
- Crochet doilies – shapes and sizes of your choice
- Wax paper
- If cutting doily shapes from a larger crochet piece, apply adhesive along design lines. Smooth glue line with finger. Let dry completely.
- Cut out along glue line. (For the bottom edge of my shorts, I cut a strip from a doily placemat.)
- Apply line of glue along edge of doily.
- Place piece of wax paper inside shorts. Glue doily in place along inside bottom edge of shorts. Repeat for both sides.
- For the faux belt effect, apply adhesive along design lines. Smooth glue line with finger. Let dry completely. Cut out half doilies.
- Glue in place along belt line.
- Glue additional doilies and crochet shapes in place where desired in pockets or on outside front and back of shorts.
Read NextNo Sew Infinity Scarf