Chocolate Flower Wall Art
Create elegant floral wall wart in less than an hour. Use your favorite fabrics to create different pieces for a new decorating scheme or new season.
For more great wall decorating designs, check out 19 Cool Wall Art and Decor Ideas.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- 1" x 12" x 36" sheet, one
- Fabric: two, 16" squares
- Ribbon, 1" x 1-1/2 yds.
- Sharp pencil
- Serrated knife and old candle; or, dental floss
- Thick, white craft glue
- Glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
- Straight pins
- Sawtooth picture hangers, two
- Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Save one foam square for another use.
- Spread white craft glue on one foam square. Center fabric over foam square and glue in place; carefully smooth fabric over edges, folding fabric neatly at corners and pin or glue to the back of foam square. Repeat for second square.
- Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
- Let dry before hanging.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.