Vintage Key to My Heart Art
If you love vintage crafts and DIY furniture projects, you'll love this Vintage Key to My Heart Art from Renee Hanlon! Turn an antique drawer into a rustic conversation piece using a little creativity.
- Small drawer
- Game letters
- Heart shape lock and key
- Acrylic paint
- Picture hanger
- E6000 craft glue
- Turn the drawer over and nail a picture hanger to the top end. The drawer pulls should be at the top.
- Remove the drawer pulls and paint in your desired color.
- Put a light coat of paint on the inside and sides of drawer. Keep some areas very light or bare for a distressed look. You can also paint it with an even coat and then sand some areas off.
- Lay out your pieces in the inside bottom of the drawer. I like to have the letters somewhat scattered instead of a perfectly straight line.
- Use a strong glue, such as E6000 craft glue, to adhere your pieces in place. Let this dry for a day before hanging your new art.