Xoxo Valentine Frame
Using acrylics, scrapbook paper and wood letters you can create this adorable Valentine's Day frame for your sweetie. Put in a cute photo add some x's and o's and you have the perfect gift.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Acrylics
- DAO31 - Baby Pink
- DA129 - True Red
- DA215 - Peony Pink
- Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spra
- 3/4" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Craft knife
- Wood letters, Michael's: two Xs, #10474242; three Os, #10474226
- 1 5/8" high heart hole punch, Marvy Super Craft Punch
- Doublesided scrapbook paper, Designer Papers by Chatterbox Inc./GCD Studios: for torn strips and heart shapes: #31733 pink on red; #31735 Adore stripe; and #210 Tinted Rose Stripe; for heart shapes: #205 rose circles; #31732 pink to heart
- Unfinished wood frame with 3.5" x 3.5" opening, MSI
- Use large flat brush and Baby Pink to paint frame; let dry.
- Use small flat brush and Peony Pink to paint Os and let dry.
- Use small flat brush and True Red to paint Xs and let dry.
- Refer to photo and tear two strips from papers leaving one edge straight. Paint back of paper with thin coat of glue using large flat brush. Aligning straight edge of one paper strip with top of frame, attach strip of paper across frame, smoothing paper flat. (Note: Paper strip will extend off side edges, do not let it stick to sides of frame.)
- Repeat with other strip at bottom edge of frame.
- Tear strip from remaining paper, with torn edges on both long edges. Use large flat brush and glue to paint back of paper with thin coat of glue. Place strip across center area of frame, smoothing paper flat. Let glue dry.
- Place frame with top side down on cutting surface. Use craft knife to trim paper strips to edge of frame and turn frame over.
- Use craft punch to punch out six heart shapes. Refer to photo for placement and use small flat brush and glue to apply thin coat of glue to back of each heart and attach to frame, smoothing paper flat. Let glue dry.
- Glue back of wood letters to bottom area of frame; let glue dry.
- Spray frame with Americana Matte Spray Sealer.