Use your own drawings to create Homemade Stickers from Heidi Borchers. Use Aleene's Tacky Sticker Sheets to transform your doodlers into homemade decals. Use your creation to decorate gifts, scrapbook pages and more! It's an inexpensive way to embellish!
- Aleene’s Tacky Sticker Sheets
- Drawing or doodle of your choice (or any diecut shapes or any paper shapes of your choice)
- I drew my images on plain white paper and then copied them on my inkjet printer. When using an inkjet printer, you will want to then spray them with Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Matte Sealer to seal in the ink. Next I cut out my designs.
- Partially peel back the liner from the Aleene’s Tacky Sticker Sheet and place your paper shape into adhesive. I have found that it is best to just peel back the liner enough to reveal the glue area you will use because you will want to place the liner back down to preserve the rest of the adhesive when you are finished with this step.
- Peel back your paper design. The adhesive is now stuck to the back of the paper. There is no cutting needed in this step!
- Stick the sticker on the surface of your choice! It’s easy!
- I also love turning my drawings into refrigerator magnets with the Aleene’s Magnetic Tacky Dots. I just glue my sticker to a piece of cardboard or matboard, cut it out and apply a Magnetic Dot to the back.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make Your Own Stickers.
Read Next5 Minute Tassel Tutorial