50 Tie Dye Craft Projects and How to Tie Dye
By: Caley Walsh, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to tie-dye a shirt, pillow or even a blanket with 50 Tie Dye Craft Projects and How to Tie Dye. These tie dye instructions for fashion, gifts, home decor and more will help you master different designs and techniques. Find great tie dye instructions and projects to do with kids, too.
You'll have a ball updating boring white clothes and expressing yourself with unique tie dye designs. Tie dye crafts are a great way to breathe new life into old clothes, so gather up your favorite items and save them for a rainy day. You can wear your creations to the gym, to the mall or even to a movie.
Rain or shine, these tie dye projects never fail to make a statement. You might think that tie dye is just meant for summer, but these projects will show you that you can actually learn how to tie dye a shirt any time of year. Gather up some old white tees and make a variety of cool homemade tie dye shirts.
50 Tie Dye Craft Projects and How to Tie Dye
Table of Contents
Learn how to tie dye with these free craft eBooks!
Batik Tie-Dye Technique: Some tie dye designs require expensive supplies, but not this project. Use a fork to create an unexpected look and one-of-a-kind design. Batik styles are special because you can use wax and dye, as opposed to simply using dye. If you want to learn how to tie dye or have tie dye ideas you have always wanted to try, now is the time to work on them!
Bullseye Tie-Dye Technique: In this case, "x" really does mark the spot. Learn how to tie dye and you will be right on target when you create some bullseye designs. These projects are simple to create and don't require a great deal of expertise. You can also customize the tie dye designs for a variety of occasions, making them perfect for any occasion.
- Dad and Son Tie-Dye Camo Set
- Eyeball Halloween Costume and Bag
- Summer Tie-Dye Outfit
- Sunburst Tie-Dye Bag
- Cool and Easy Bleach Tie Dye Shirt
Crumple Tie-Dye Technique: Think all tie dye craft projects are super complicated? Think again! This is style of tie dye is an oldie but a goody. Learn how to tie dye using these crumple projects - simply scrunch up the fabric and apply dye. This is a fun way for kids to get creative and refashion their favorite white clothes.
For beginners only! Learn how to tie dye shirts, bags and so much more using our brand new collection of 35 Easy Tie Dye Patterns to Dye For. This is a must-save roundup for anyone who's sick of boring white t-shirts. Use paint and various tie dye technqiues to transform old items into works of art. There's never been a better time to learn how to tie dye, so gather up the whole family, get creative and make some memories.
Folding Tie-Dye Technique: By simply creating pleats in a piece of fabric, you can add a new dimension to tie dye craft projects. One the folds have been made, a rubber band must be used to bind the fabric. Learn how to tie dye and create an overall look that is cool and unexpected - get ready for plenty of compliments.
Gradation Tie-Dye Technique: If you're out of rubber bands or don't feel like folding fabric, you can simply dilute dye to add dimension to your designs. This is also a great option if you're running low on colors - you only need one bottle of dye to get the job done. You don't need to know how to tie dye to create amazing project. Tie dye designs don't have to be complicated, and this project proves that by using what you have on hand, you can make a project that really stands out.
Speaking of using what you have on hand, learn How to Make Natural Dyes for Fabric! These great ideas come straight from the garden and produce vivid colors.
Heart Tie-Dye Technique: Simply draw a heart on a white shirt and fold along the lines - that's all it takes to learn how to tie dye using heart designs. This project is perfect for Valentine's Day but it's also a fun idea if you need a meaningful gift for a friend. When you make meaningful tie dye projects, you're more likely to take pride in your work and want to show off your work.
For even more fun tie dye instructions, designs and projects, check out 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns! These genius projects will leave you itching to get started. Learn how to tie dye a shirt or decorate a pillow - there are so many crafty ways to update a boring old item. Save up your white tee shirts and other fabric items for these tie dye techniques and being a new life to old pieces you might have forgotten about.
Oh no! If at any point along the way you end up with tie dye on your skin, it can definitely be a struggle to get off. Check out these tips for How to Remove Tie Dye from Skin. The best solution is to avoid it in the first place, but if the damage is done, this is how to fix it.
- Bright and Bold Halloween Table Decorations
- Resist and Drape Tie-Dye Techniques
- Eco-Centric Tie Dye Top
- Summer Sunset Tie Dye Shirt
Simple Rubberbanding & Solid Coverage
- Bubblegum Tie-Dye Sleeveless Top
- Cute Green Tie-Dye Top
- Light Pink Tie-Dye Dress
- Felt Tie-Dye Dress
- Tie-Dye Knit Scarf
- How to Use Tulip Permanent Fabric Dye - Permanent is a scary word, but there's nothing to be afraid of when you use Tulip's permanent fabric dye. Follow these easy tie dye instructions and discover how to to tie dye shirts, socks and more. In just six steps, you can transform a boring white item into a colorful work of art.
- How to Use Tulip One Step Fashion Dye - If you are looking for unbelieveably easy tie dye craft projects, this is the perfect product to try. In just minutes, you can create adorable tie dye crafts that look unlike anything else in your closet. Give this product a try and see what all the fuss is about. Just be warned - you might become addicted to tie dye crafts.
EXCLUSIVE! No Sew Tie Dye Pillows
Make your home decor a little bit groovier with these super simple pillows. Use your favorite tie dye techniques and patterns to create a one-of-a-kind design. Iron-on letters and stencils make this project a personalized delight.
Leave a Comment and Tell Us:
Which of these tie dye techniques would you work on first?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
- Salt Resist Tie Dye Technique
- Bullseye Tie Dye Technique
- Swirl Tie Dye Technique
- 50 Tie Dye Craft Projects and How to Tie Dye
- Heart Tie Dye Technique
- Funky Tie Dye Socks
- How to Tie Dye: Step-by-Step Instructions from Folding to Washing
- Ombre Tie Dye Technique
- Impatient Plaid Tie Dye Tee
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Subscribe and Unsubscribe from Newsletters
- 23 Knit & Crochet Ear Warmer Patterns
- How to Crochet Slippers for Beginners + 17 Free Crochet Patterns
- Easy Mardi Gras Mask
- Gorgeous Map Roses
- Easy Mardi Gras Treat Cups
- Super Soft Granite Crochet Blanket
- How to Finger Knit
- Granule Stitch
- Laura Gingham Cowl Pattern