Painted Leaf Plate
On the search for the perfect fall table decorations? These lovely Painted Leaf Plates will add a nice homemade touch to any dining room. For other seasons, try painting the plates with flowers for the summer or berries for the winter.
- Clear glass plate
- Shimmer Opaque in: Gold, Copper and Bronze
- Marine Varnish
- Stencil of choice
- Large stencil brushes
- Adhere leaf stencil of your choice to back of plate.
- Stencil Gold Simmer Opaque onto plate. Vary the position of stencil alternating between Gold and Copper Shimmers. Cover the plate with stenciling. Let dry.
- Take same stencil and reapply Shimmer Opaque using opposite color over the dry stencil. Use Gold over the Copper and the Copper over the Gold. Let dry.
- Sponge Bronze Shimmer Opaque over the entire back of the plate. Let dry.
- For a more opaque look, paint back of plate with Perfect Paint.
- Add one more coat of sponged Bronze Shimmer Opaque over plate. Highlight with Gold Shimmer Opaque.
- Protect with Earth Safe Finishes Marine Varnish.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Thanksgiving"
Thanksgiving crafts to make for all ages including thanksgiving crafts for children, thanksgiving decorations, thanksgiving place cards, table decorations for thanksgiving and more. Features cute Thanksgiving craft projects such as how to Make a Tha