Bead Embellished Homecoming Shoes
Here’s a way to transform inexpensive prom shoes into beaded, embroidered trendy accessories. You can customize your shoes to match your outfit for a prom, homecoming dance, wedding or any fancy occasion. The secret is in the heavy-duty double-sided Treasure Tape—and it’s a lot cheaper than buying shoes from a specialty boutique.
- Plain dress shoes
- 8” X 10” sheet of Treasure Tape™
- Kreinik #12 Braid to match your outfit (we used 003 Red)
- Diamond Beadlets
- Shallow pan or tray
- Remove the white backing and lay the sheet of Treasure Tape on the top front of your shoe. Remove any air bubbles with your fingers, or prick with a pin/needle.
- Trim the tape so that just the front top of your shoe is covered.
- Remove the red liner to expose the sticky top.
- Lay any large sequins or feathers first, then begin thread decorating by curling or “writing” with the #12 Braid.
- When thread embellishing is complete, lay the shoe in a shallow pan and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.