Cascading Autumn Leaves DIY Shirt
Carry a bit of fall everywhere you go with this Cascading Autumn Leaves DIY Shirt. Using fabric paint in rich autumn colors, this tutorial will show you how to create a beautiful cascade of vines and falling leaves. Once you've attached the leaves to your shirt, your autumnal masterpiece will be complete. This piece of DIY clothing is the perfect way to welcome the arrival of fall. Use a brown t-shit so those gold, red, orange, and yellow colors really pop.
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Chocolate
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Crimson Red
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Gold
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Golden Tan
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Grape
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Holiday Green
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Lime
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint Mandarin Orange
- Heavy canvas – enough to create desired number of Pencil
- Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion® Peel & Stick Tape™
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Fitted T-shirt – brown
- Craft sponges
- Freezer paper
- Paintbrushes – various shapes and sizes
Apply paint colors to canvas using various brushes and sponges to create an abstract design. Let dry.
Once the painted canvas is dry, flip over and use a pencil to create various sized leaf shapes on the backside. Cut out leaf shapes.
Place freezer paper waxy side up inside T-shirt and iron in place to provide stable painting surface.
Paint random swirl pattern down front of T-shirt with Gold Metallic. Accent with Golden Tan. Let dry.
Remove freezer paper from inside of T-shirt.
Use small strips of Fabric Fusion Tape to adhere leaf shapes randomly over the painted swirl design. Allow edges of leaves to curl up.
Read NextVintage Button Up Shirt Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 13, 2016
If this isn't the cutest shirt to make that I have ever seen, T said certainly in the top three. It is so pretty and since we don't have Fall here in Florida, it will be greatly appreciated. Ever one of my transplanted Northern friends will want one. Time to make copies of the pattern and instructions and hand them out!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use