Felt Monogrammed Glasses Case
This felt monogrammed glasses case from Haley Pierson Cox is a great idea for a homemade, personalized gift for someone you love. These free sewing patterns are quick to make but they make a big impact.
- 7½" x 7½" square of thick felt
- 7½" x 7½" square of cotton flannel
- Sewing thread
- Embroidered squares/designs for applique (optional)
- Sewing machine (or hand sew)
- Straight pins
- Pin the felt square and the flannel square together at one edge.
- Stitch along the pinned edge.
- Fold pieces of fabric together with opposite sides facing, covering the unfinished edge created in step 2. Sew along the edge as close to the fold as possible, finishing the seam.
- Position and sew any appliques in place through just the felt layer. Stitch through tissue paper or newspaper to make it easier to sew felt on a machine. Tear the paper away when finished.
- Fold the fabric squares in half and pin around the unfinished edges.
- Sew around the unfinished edges. Trim as needed to make neat, straight sides.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Sewn Bags"
Pick up your needle and thread and try making an adorable sew bag. These easy sewing projects are perfect for beginners and experts. You can learn how to sew a bag and create cute sewing bags and totes.
There are no records