Imaginative Character Hooded Towel
Does your child have a favorite character or toy? Get creative and make them an imaginative character hooded towel by following this simple tutorial for personalized children's hooded bath towels.
- a large towel
- a coordinating (or matching) hand towel
- jersey fabric scraps for the embellishments
- sewing machine and supplies
- Cut off the bottom, 'embellished' portion of the hand towel. Fold in half width-wise and pin along the right and left sides. Stitch down both sides (but not across the bottom).
- Turn right side in. Tuck the upper right corner into the upper left corner.
- Stitch down the left side and the right side to secure the hood in place. Also, tuck the bottom edge into the pouch created by the hood and sew across the bottom (this finishes off all of the raw edges and sews the pouch shut).
- Embellish the hood according to the character you chose. This design was loosely based on Monsters Inc. Pin in place on your hood and sew on.
- Using a walking foot too accommodate the two thick layers of terry, sew the hood onto the towel. First fold the towel in half and mark the center point. Line this up with the center seam on the hood. Pin in place (right sides facing together) and sew together.