Ticker Tape Owl Quilt
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Use fabric scraps to create an adorable Ticker Tape Owl quilt block. Try monofilament thread and glue basting for a clean finished look. See this block in digital quilt concepts for your reference. The more blocks you make, more stash you'll use. Linen background fabric can be purchased or recycled from a thrift store garment. The ticker tape pieces use fabric scraps from 1/2" to 2" - so quilters can feature those small small small pieces that they cannot seem to throw out."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size18 inches wide x 18 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Fabric Scraps
- 14-1/2" x 14-1/2" Linen Square
- 1/2 yard linen
- Elmer's school glue
- Seamingly accurate seam guide
- 4 fat quarters or coordinating fabric scraps
- 1/2 yard fusible interfacing
Tile/tape template together.
Fuse Interfacing to linen wrong side.
Trace template to linen.
Sort fabric scraps by color
Glue baste small fabric scraps within template
Edge-stitch scraps to linen with monofilament thread
Create 32 half square triangle units
Frame Linen Owl block with half square triangle border
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- TC Twist Headband
- Bead a Designer Snowflake
- Hot Cocoa In A Jar Gift Idea
- Googly Eyed Deer Ornament
- DIY Lavender Bath Salts
- French Vanilla Coffee Sugar Scrub
- Vanilla & Lavender Soap Recipe Using Melt and Pour
- Natural Sugar Scrub with Fresh Blueberries
- Homemade Orange Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Coconut Rose Petal Soap
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home