Ticker Tape Owl Quilt
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Use fabric scraps to create an adorable Ticker Tape Owl quilt block. Try monofilament thread and glue basting for a clean finished look. See this block in digital quilt concepts for your reference. The more blocks you make, more stash you'll use. Linen background fabric can be purchased or recycled from a thrift store garment. The ticker tape pieces use fabric scraps from 1/2" to 2" - so quilters can feature those small small small pieces that they cannot seem to throw out."
Project Type: Learn a Technique
Quilt Size: 18 inches wide x 18 inches long
Time to complete: Weekend project
Primary Technique: Applique
- Fabric Scraps
- 14-1/2" x 14-1/2" Linen Square
- 1/2 yard linen
- Monofilament thread
- Elmer's school glue
- Seamingly accurate seam guide
- 4 fat quarters or coordinating fabric scraps
- 1/2 yard fusible interfacing
- Print Template.
- Tile/tape template together.
- Fuse Interfacing to linen wrong side.
- Trace template to linen.
- Sort fabric scraps by color
- Glue baste small fabric scraps within template
- Edge-stitch scraps to linen with monofilament thread
- Create 32 half square triangle units
- Frame Linen Owl block with half square triangle border
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy DIY Crochet Wreath Ornament
- How To Add Extra Pockets To Any Tote Bag
- Clay Sunflower
- Christmas Sweets Photo Booth Props
- 14 of the Most Stunningly Beautiful Glitter Crafts
- 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- Granny Square Cloth Crochet Pattern
- Zentangle Cupid of Hearts Adult Coloring Page
- Gelly Roll Hand Lettering Tutorial
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home