Ticker Tape Owl Quilt
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Use fabric scraps to create an adorable Ticker Tape Owl quilt block. Try monofilament thread and glue basting for a clean finished look. See this block in digital quilt concepts for your reference. The more blocks you make, more stash you'll use. Linen background fabric can be purchased or recycled from a thrift store garment. The ticker tape pieces use fabric scraps from 1/2" to 2" - so quilters can feature those small small small pieces that they cannot seem to throw out."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size18 inches wide x 18 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Fabric Scraps
- 14-1/2" x 14-1/2" Linen Square
- 1/2 yard linen
- Elmer's school glue
- Seamingly accurate seam guide
- 4 fat quarters or coordinating fabric scraps
- 1/2 yard fusible interfacing
Tile/tape template together.
Fuse Interfacing to linen wrong side.
Trace template to linen.
Sort fabric scraps by color
Glue baste small fabric scraps within template
Edge-stitch scraps to linen with monofilament thread
Create 32 half square triangle units
Frame Linen Owl block with half square triangle border
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This isn't your typical beginner knit cowl or scarf! Made with only one skein of yarn and with big needles, it works up fast. Perfect… Continue reading: "Eiffel Beginner Knit Cowl Pattern"
- Pink Stripe Rag Homespun Quilt
- Gorgeous Gingham Baby Quilt Pattern
- Japanese Afternoon Quilt
- How to Create Different Quilting Patterns Using a Walking Foot
- Herringbone Quilt Pattern Tutorial
- How to Restore Quilt Fabric
- The Duke John Wayne Quilt Pattern
- Shibori Quilt
- Sweet Snowballs Quilt
- Pretty in Purple Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- Puff Stitch Boho Coaster
- Low Carb Dog Treats
- Jeremy The Giraffe
- Watering Can That Pours Crystals
- 29 Beach Crafts & Coastal Diy Wall Art
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Mystical Mitts
- Easy Fabric Basket In Any Size
- "Vintage" Gold Leaf Resin Bangles
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home