Go Green at Christmas: 34 Ideas for Green Christmas Gifts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From carrying your own reusable shopping bag to taking a shorter shower in the morning, every little effort to reduce your environmental impact helps. If you care about preserving our planet, go green at Christmas with these ideas for green Christmas gifts. While you are going green, you are likely to save money too.
Ideas for Green Christmas Gifts
Wrap your presents in reusable gift bags and boxes and cut down on paper waste. Make these bags and boxes this year, you won’t have to purchase more wrapping paper next year.
Blue and White Snowflake Box: Go green craft ideas like this are great for Christmas or Hanukkah! Fill it with gelt or cookies for a gift that keeps on giving!
Christmas Personalized Box: You'll have good fortune with this personalized box! Green Christmas crafts like this are perfect for giving holiday gift cards, cookies, jewelry, and much more!
Gift of Joy Christmas Box: There's nothing quite like the joy of giving, and with go green crafts like this Joy box, you'll be spreading holiday cheer far and near!
Santa's Gift Bag: Santa's got a brand new bag...and it's filled with goodies! This sweet gift bag is just the wrapping you need to present your gifts this holiday season.
Snowy Gift Bag: Christmas gift bag ideas like this are perfect for anyone and everyone! This easy to make Snow Queen bag is perfect for getting the kids involved in holiday crafting.
Ribbon Christmas Tree Bag: Ribbons, ribbons, and more ribbons! If you need ideas for Christmas crafts, you'll love this ribbon bag! The beautiful ribbon tree on the front of this bag makes it a perfect gift for anyone on your list.
- Ornament Gift Bag: This fun and whimsical bag is easy and fun to make, and works great for kids and teens!
Made from recycled items, these bags are earth friendly and fun to make! Not only are they fun to fill, but you can use these Christmas crafts for gifts!
Eco-Friendly Tote Bag: Made in industrial felt and recycled leather, this responsible bag is still very sturdy and attractive.
Water Bottle Bag Crochet Pattern: Encourage friends to carry reusable water bottles with this pretty and functional water bottle bag, made in organic yarn.
Eco-Friendly Market Bag: This expanding bag made in eco-friendly cotton yarn is perfect for trips to the farmer’s market or as a produce bag at the shopping market.
- Ruffle Purse Crochet Pattern: This handbag, crocheted in eco-friendly cotton and completed with bamboo handles, has a bohemian-chic appearance.
These craft ideas for Christmas gifts are great for giving. Gifts in a jar make perfect stocking stuffers and are great to hand out to neighbors and friends.
Glittery Tree Vase: A recycled glass jar becomes a beautiful vase in this Christmas craft project.
Faux Dichroic Glass Bottle: Give a recycled wine bottle the appearance of dichoric glass with this clever craft project. You can also use this bottle to store flavored oils.
Quilted Christmas Jar: Fill with food mixes such as dry cookie ingredients, soup, tea and hot chocolate.
- Kitty Treat Jar: Fill this treat jar with a simple recipe for making cat treats at home, cutting down on cost and packaging from store-bought treats.
Need some crafts for Christmas gifts? These jewelry gifts make great green Christmas gifts for everyone! Perfect for wearing in the winter or anytime, these patterns are great for helping you jazz up your wardrobe!
Recycled Belt Bracelets: Turn old belts, from your home or the thrift store, into cool new cuff bracelets.
Macramé Jewelry: Macrame uses hemp or waxed linen fiber, both of which are eco-friendly fibers. The technique is easy and fun to create bracelets or other jewelry items for gift-giving.
Recycled Plastic Jewelry: You can turn any #6 plastic container into jewelry with the help of your oven and markers or stamps. Red plastic cups become cool hoops with minimal effort.
- Rolled Paper Bead Jewelry: Use colorful junk mail to create rolled paper beads for earrings, necklace and bracelets. Rolled tightly and varnished, these beads look great.
Make these crafts for Christmas gifts! These knitting and crochet patterns make wonderful gifts and are perfect to give to shelters and donation centers for the holidays.
Soft Check Scarf Crochet Pattern: This pretty scarf is made in eco-friendly bamboo yarn.
Hooded Pullover Crochet Pattern: This tunic length pullover, made in organic cotton yarn, has a great shape for a variety of figures.
5-Side Baby Afghan Crochet Pattern: Made in environmentally friendly yarn, this baby afghan is a responsible choice.
Bamboo Top Knitting Pattern: A comfortable top made in bamboo yarn with interesting eyelet design on the sleeves.
- Slouchy Cowl Knitting Pattern: Another pattern using bamboo yarn, this knit is quick and easy for gifts.
Looking for more great ideas? These green Christmas gifts are perfect for anyone on your list! And best of all, most of them you can make with things you have around the house already!
Rolled Beeswax Candles: Forget paraffin wax, a petroleum product, and make candles from sheets of natural beexwax this season. These candles look and smell fantastic.
Old T-Shirts into Pants for Kids: Take old tee shirts and turn them into these fun pants for kids.
Men’s Shirt into Girly Dress: Turn that old oversized shirt into a fun and fashionable dress. This dress is great to wear anytime and you won't believe how easy it is to make!
Sweatshirts into Fashionable Tunic: This tunic makes a wonderful green Christmas craft. Whether you wear it for a Christmas outing or give it as a gift is up to you, but it's a must have either way.
- Old Jeans into Potholders: Convert your old pants into usable pot holders. These potholders make great stocking stuffers and is a fun and thrifty way to craft for the holiday.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- DIY Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
- 10 Gift Wrapping Ideas for a Budget-Friendly Christmas
- DIY Christmas Etched Plates
- Jolly Dotted DIY Plates
- Martha Stewart Christmas Mugs
- Homemade Snowball Bath Bombs
- DIY Snowman Decorated Candle
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects free eBook
- Peppermint Stripes Guardian Snow Angel
- Bow Keychains
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Hanging Colander Planter
- Simple DIY Fairy Garden
- Quilled Bird Necklace
- 20 Clay Crafts for Adults
- Shades of Fall Mini Mason Jar Lights
- Swirling Leaves Relaxing Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Stress Be Gone Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Fall Acorn Adult Coloring Page
- Mandala Inspired Sunflower Adult Coloring Page
- Love Sign Made with Plaster Casting
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home