We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Reviewed by , Editor,
Raffia Yarn by Premier Home is their newest line of yarn, and we are loving it! This "yarn" was made specifically with home decor and accessories in mind. This yarn is made with just a strand of 100% Cellulose Rayon that came directly from the Raffia Palm Tree. Talk about becoming one with nature! Each skein is 87 yards and 1.23 ounces or 35 grams.
What's neat about Raffia is that it comes in many colors. You would think there would just be a solid color or just a few options to choose from, but there are 15. Yes, solids are of course an option, but there are also variegated colors like Sunshine (shades of yellow and orange), Hollow Reeds (shades of brown), Tempest (shades of blues and grays), Red Maple (shades of red) and more. The colors are natural and warm-weathered and will really make you want to work something up quickly to enjoy it.
The soft hand and pliable texture are great for large bags and purses, home decor and kitchen accessories. And let's not forget about those high-fashion summer hats that make you feel like a million bucks. It's recommended that you hand wash your items and lay them flay to dry, as Raffia is delicate and you wouldn't want your project to get ruined.
Raffia is great for both knitting and crocheting. The crochet gauge is H-8 (5mm) hook: 15 sc & 17 rows = 4” (10.2cm), while the knit gauge is in st st, US 9 (5.5mm) needles: 15 sts & 19 rows = 4” (10.2cm). Next time you're in the yarn aisle reach out for a skein of Raffia. You might think it'll be difficult to work with, but you'll truly love the end result. Raffia will certainly give you a unique, fashionable piece.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Chance to win the Kassa Watercolor Set!
Chance to get Clover Sewing Supplies!
Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns!
Chance to win a Smile Create Repeat Subscription Box!
Bic Mark It Color Collection
Chance to win Chic Sheep Yarn!
Enter to Win the Mod Podge Sampler Pack!
Chance to win the Kai Scissors Professional Gift Set!
Darice Embossing Folders
Win a 360 Crafter's Rolling Bag!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lovely Ridges Pillow
- Metallic Wallpapered Accent Wall
- 4 Easy Small Wood Projects You Didn't Know You Could Make
- 14 Christmas Crafts for Adults, by 365 Days of Crafts
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home