Martha Stewart Holidays Double Craft Punch Hot Chocolate
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The double punch means that this punch also embosses. I know a few people who weren’t too sure about this punch as it seemed the punched out shape got stuck in the punch. There is a reason for that and reading the instructions on the box solves that problem pronto. Let me quote the experts!
“Many paper crafters are familiar with the traditional craft punch, which punches out a shape. When you insert paper and flip the tool over, you see the paper you are going to punch. When you press the lever on the tool, you hear a snap as the tool cuts the paper, and the punched paper piece pops out of the tool.
Some Martha Stewart Crafts™ punches are what we call double punches – meaning they not only punch out the shape, but they also punch or emboss additional detail in the interior of the shape. Because the punch is performing this additional function, it works a little differently.
When you insert the paper and flip the tool over, you do not necessarily see your paper. When you press the lever on the tool, you don't feel and hear the same snap that you do with a regular craft punch. Instead, a double punch gives you more of a crunching sound and feel as it cuts the paper. In addition, our double punches are designed so the punched piece stays attached to the paper by a couple of tiny tabs. If this didn't happen, the punched piece could become stuck inside the tool. You can remove the punched piece from the paper by gently pulling it out with your fingers, or by cutting the tiny tabs with a craft knife or scissors.
The double punch, therefore, behaves a little differently than the regular craft punches we are used to, and as a result, you get a punched piece with greater detail than a regular craft punch produces.
How do you know if you have a double punch? Look at the design on the punch. If you see additional detail inside the shape, it is a double punch. Examples of Martha Stewart Crafts™ double punches include the scalloped heart, skull and bones, diamond ring, elephant, safety pin, and embossed owl.”
I love the double punches! And I own the scalloped heart, elephant, owl, and sand dollar. But I have to be honest and say when I first started using them I was using my fine tip tweezers to get the embossed die cut out. Unlike my friends who just thought something was wrong with the punch design, I went directly to the source, well the website anyway! I find the die cut easily removes itself from the tiny tags and no additional trimming or cutting is needed. There is something extra special about the added touch of embossing to a punched out shape. And how clever was the designer of this style of punches! Go Double Punches! Keep ‘em coming, Martha!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn Review
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Premier Gradient Yarn Box Review
- Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer Review
- Testors Amazing Airbrush Set Review
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint Collection
- Sakura Koi Water Color Pocket Field Sketch Box Review
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun Foam
- Plaid Mod Podge Review
- Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books Review
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Millionaire's Afghan
- Hand Crochet Chunky Blanket
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets