Vintage Beaded Mother's Day Card
This charming design has Victorian appeal-sweet, old-fashioned, classy. Make it for a cherished friend, your mother, grandmother, or anyone who loves old-world charm. This handmade card is the perfect way to send cheer and affection today.
- Cream blank card (from Halcraft Value Pack)
- Boot stamp (from Stampin Up)
- Paisley paper (Sizzix/Little Sizzles Classics)
- Pink stripe paper (Bisous P-072 Caramel Rose Stripe)
- Brown, Pink, Purple cardstock (source unknown)
- Hole punch (Staples)
- Daisy punch (PN 91100 McGill Craftivity)
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 102C Vatican Gold Cord
- Kreinik #16 Braid 102C Vatican Gold Cord
- Kreinik #4 Braid 007 Pink
- Diamond Beadlets®
- 3/4" Treasure Tape
- 4x6 Treasure Tape Sheet
- First cut out the pieces you will need to make this card. Cut one piece of paisley paper slightly smaller than your card. Cut one strip of striped paper the same length as your paisley paper and one inch high. With your flower punch, make two brown flowers, two pink flowers, and three purple flowers. With a regular hole punch, make a hole in the centers of your pink and purple flowers. Save the punched-out dots.
- Attach your paisley paper to the front of the card. Using your Treasure Tape, make a border around the outside edge of the paper. Apply a strip of the tape to the back of your striped paper. Cut seven small squares of tape and apply them to the backs of all your punched flowers. Use the opposite color punched-out holes to fill in the centers of your pink and purple flowers. Press to adhere firmly.
- Peel the white liner back from your treasure tape sheet. Stamp your boot design onto the sticky surface of the tape. Replace the liner and cut out the shape. Peel the white liner off the shape, and stick your tape shape to the brown card stock. Cut out the shape carefully.
- Peel back the red liner from your card border. Begin to embellish, first creating an outline around the inside and outside of the tape border with your ribbon. Embellish inside the outlines with the pink braid, creating swirls and loops.
- Peel the red liner off the back of your striped paper and center the strip across the middle of your card. Press to adhere. Peel the liner off the backs of your pink flower shapes, and layer them over your brown flower shapes, slightly off center. Peel the liner off all the flowers and place them on your card, leaving a space in the center for your boot design.
- Place your card into a shallow tray or ziploc bag and pour beadlets over the tape surface. Swirl to cover fully and tap to remove excess beads.
- Adhere your boot shape to the center of your card, over the striped paper. Peel back the red liner and begin to embellish, using the photo as a guide. Follow the outlines of the stamp first and then fill in your design.
- When you are done embellishing, press all threads down using your leftover red liner. Then place your card back in the tray or ziploc bag and pour beadlets over the tape surface. Swirl to cover fully and tap to remove excess beads.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.