Folding Chair Makeover
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "Transform old, unattractive folding chairs to match each season, party theme, or home decor. Take the drab to fab by removing the padded seat, painting the chair, recovering and reapplying the seat. Try this step-by-step tutorial on how to upholster chairs with some fabric and paint. Use hot glue instead of staples to guarantee your guests don't get poked when seated. It couldn't be easier. No sewing required for this craft; so, this is a great afternoon project. Make multiple seat pads to switch for each event. Your chairs have never looked better!"
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Old Folding Chair/s
- Spray Paint
- Hot Glue
- Painter's Tape
- 1/2 Yard fabric
Remove covered/padded areas
Spray paint chair from one angle
While paint dries, wrap the seat with new fabric. Hot glue in place
Spray chair from a second angle
Reapply seat to chair
NotesThis project went together much faster than I anticipated. The longest part of the whole process is waiting for the paint to dry. It is a great face-lift to a boring, standard chair. Give it a try!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make a Soda Bottle Chandelier Plastic Bottle Craft and discover a great way to reuse all those water bottles that you have in your… Continue reading: "Soda Bottle Chandelier Plastic Bottle Craft"
How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
The Ultimate Guide to Paint Brush Types
DIY Copycat Pottery Barn Weathered Oar
Mandala Flowers Painted on Rocks
Wonderfully Whimsical Carousel Horse
Sun Print Fabric with a Twist
Mini Pallet with Plants
DIY Bike Planter Garden Craft
Fun with Terra Cotta Pots
Painting Flowers with Acrylic Paint Step by Step
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pampering Vanity Set: Tissue Box Organizer & Tray
- DIY Fabric Planter
- Lego Block Pillows (Free PDF Pattern!)
- Sundress for Women
- Loopy Love
- How to Make Boring Glass Stunning
- Hot Air Balloon Patriotic Cupcake Decorations
- Father's Day Candy Bar Wrappers
- Plush Poms Bath Mat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home