Chevron Painted Rug
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Transform a boring and plain rug into a trendy piece of home décor with this paint craft idea. This tutorial shows you how to paint a rug with the always-chic chevron pattern. Add dark or light paint décor to just about any carpet you have to add a pop of color to your entryway or any other room in your home. In order to properly paint an indoor rug, make sure that you use the right type of paint and give it plenty of time to dry. You wouldn’t want your friends and family to step on your newly-painted Chevron Painted Rug.
In the Designer's Words: "A lovely chevron rug that can infuse a lot of style and a pop of color into every room that is placed! You can paint it whatever paint you want. Just use your imagination :) That way you will transform your boring old rug to a beautiful and spectacular one by painting chevron stripes. The preparation will take about one hour of your time. Besides, it is an easy to make and budget-friendly project."
Plus, if you love fun painted patterns check out the video below to see how you can customize your own pillowcase!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Olympic Semi-gloss latex paint- 2 colors (white and turquoise)
- Printed chevron patterns from vinyl according to your rug's size
Paint the rug using the white paint
Let it fully dry
Using your chevron patterns paint the rug with the other color
Let it dry
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Simple Stained Mason Jars
How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
Mini Pallet with Plants
Domestic Diva Gift Basket
DIY Bike Planter Garden Craft
Wonderfully Whimsical Carousel Horse
Darth Vader-Inspired Stencil
21 Watercolor Tutorials to Make You a Master Painter
Sun Print Fabric with a Twist
Terra Cotta Garden Turtle
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hand Lettered American Flag Plaque
- Squares and Miters
- Tips for Sewing Soft Toys for Kids and Relatives
- Star Stitch Tutorial
- Yoga Shorts Pattern For Women
- Dragonfly toddler Dress
- How to Make Lotus in Origami Style: Easy Craft Tutorial
- Telegraph Shawl
- Flower Headband
- Pleated Blouse
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home