Distressed Ivory Painting Technique
A distressed finish adds character and enhances detail on otherwise plain accessories. Great painting technique for any project, from Krylon!
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Leather Brown (#52501)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Ivory (#51504)
- Wooden Shelf, Hat Rack or Project of your choice
- Tack cloth
- Disposable rubber gloves (optional)
- When working with unfinished wood, prepare your surface by sanding smooth and wiping clean with a tack cloth. Apply a primer to seal the surface.
- When working with bare metal, be sure surface is free of rust and oil. Apply a primer to seal the surface.
- When working with plastic, glass or ceramic, lightly sand surface with fine grain sandpaper and wipe clean with a tack cloth. This will help the paint to adhere better to these smooth surfaces. Apply a primer to further improve adhesion.
- Place project on newspaper to protect work area.
- Spray one coat of Leather Brown on all sides of project. Let dry.
- Spray two coats of Ivory on front and sides of project. Let dry thoroughly.
- Sand raised areas and edges of project to reveal brown paint. Wipe clean with tack cloth.
- For added protection of your finished project, spray several light coats of Krylon® Matte Finish or Satin Finish as a final step. For projects that will be used outdoors or near a window, use Krylon® UV-Resistant Matte Finish.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.