Swirled peppermint mints and holiday lollipops become unique Christmas ornaments with this project. Find out the clever idea for the ornament base!
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP25 - Citrus Green
- DCP42 - Fuchsia
- DCP43 - Holly Berry Red
- DCP46 - Mistletoe Green
- DCT4 - Christmas Green
- DCT5 - Christmas Red
- DAS9 - Snow-Tex
- DAS37 - Glamour Dust Crystal
- #8 flat brush
- Small round sponge pouncer
- 1/8" ribbon, assorted colors
- Two 5/16" x 8" wood dowels
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft knife
- 3" standard terra cotta saucers
Let dry between steps.
- Paint saucer Cloud White with #8 flat brush.
- Use pencil (or freehand) swirls on Cloud White saucer. Alternately paint large swirl sections of Holly Berry Red and Mistletoe Green, leaving narrow Cloud White stripe between each.
- Apply Christmas Green and Christmas Red Craft Twinkles on matching color stripes.
- Wrap with cellophane. Tie ribbon at each side.
- Thread 8"piece of ribbon through one bow. Knot to secure for hanger.
- Paint one saucer Cloud White and another saucer Holly Berry Red.
- Cut dowel rod using craft knife into 5" lengths. Basecoat one dowel length Holly Berry Red and the other Citrus Green.
- Use #8 flat brush and Mistletoe Green to paint small Christmas tree shape in center of Cloud White saucer and stripes around rim. Paint bucket under tree, border, and lollipop stick, Holly Berry Red.
- Add Christmas Green Craft Twinkles to tree.
- Use pouncer Cloud White to stamp dots on red saucer. When dry, apply Fuchsia and Citrus Green over some of Cloud White dots.
- While paint is wet, sprinkle with Glamour Dust.
- Position and adhere sticks on reverse side of saucers.
- Wrap lollipops with cellophane. Tie with ribbon.
- Thread 7" piece of ribbon through cellophane and around sticks at top to form hanger.