70+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
There are a variety of free Christmas ornament patterns to choose from!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From ornaments that look like candy, to beaded Christmas ornaments to make, to homemade Christmas ornaments that look like Santa and angels, you have an array of 70+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments to choose from!
Learn how to make Christmas ornaments that will help your tree sparkle and shine!
These simple homemade Christmas gifts can also be given as gifts during the holiday season - no matter who you give one to, it's sure to become a keepsake.
Table of Contents
- Candy Christmas Ornaments to Make
- Beaded Christmas Ornaments To Make
- Whimsical Christmas Ornament Crafts
- More Whimsical Christmas Ornaments
- Santa Ornaments
- More Santa Ornaments
- Free Craft Video: 3 Minute DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Angel Ornaments
- Recycled Ornaments
- More Recycled Ornaments
- More DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Even More DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Reader Favorite Ornament Crafts!
- Angel DIY Glitter Ornaments Video Tutorial
Some of the loveliest ornaments are angel ornaments, and you can make these and more in our free Christmas craft eBook, 11 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations free eBook
Candy Christmas Ornaments to Make
- Yummy Cupcake OrnamentsThese sweet ornaments are perfect for decorating your Christmas tree.
- Hot Cocoa OrnamentFor this simple home Christmas ornament, all you need is STYROFOAM Brand Foam, fabric and a clothespin. Warm your tree and save yourself those pesky holiday calories.
- Candy OrnamentsThese beautiful candy-inspired handmade Christmas ornaments are great for kids to make with their parents.
- Delicious Gumdrop OrnamentLeftover materials from this Christmas ornament craft make for a pretty sweet snack!
- Easy Cinnamon Christmas OrnamentsIf you're already baking Christmas cookies, make a separate batch with glue, and you'll have yummy-smelling homemade ornaments. Just don't mix up the batches and feed your famly the wrong ones!
- Gingerbread OrnamentThis personalized gingerbread ornament made from polymer clay is a great craft for kids to make at any age. Parents, help them out, as some of the tools used for this project are sharp.
- Cookie Sheet OrnamentBeautiful handmade Christmas ornaments are great for the baker in your life! Attach it to a package of homemade cookies for a gift that's sure to please.
Beaded Christmas Ornaments To Make
- Sparkling Beaded OrnamentsThese easy-to-make Christmas ornaments will glitter up your tree. All you need is STYROFOAM Brand Foam, micro-beads and adhesive.
- Delicate Snowflake OrnamentColorful "cocktail" beads and a snowflake wire form make this an simple homemade Christmas ornament that is sure to impress your guests!
- Beaded Crystal OrnamentsThis craft idea for Christmas ornaments will only take you 15 minutes to make and can be displayed on your Christmas tree.
- Red and Gold Glitter OrnamentThese are the Christmas tree ornaments to make if you're looking for some two-toned magic.
- Beaded Green OrnamentThese would look stunning on a white or silver tree! Handmade Christmas ornaments also make great gifts for everyone on your list!
- Magical Pipe Cleaner SnowflakesAdd beads to these pipe cleaner crafts for stunning snowflake ornaments.
- Petite Box DIY OrnamentsChristmas presents do not just have to fit under the tree. Make them tiny enough to hang from the branches!
Whimsical Christmas Ornament Crafts
- Christmas Carol OrnamentSheet music is the inspirational source for this easy-to-make Christmas ornament.
- Mirrored Swirl OrnamentsMirrored paint and jewel-tone colors swirl together in this unique Christmas ornament.
- Canning Jar ReindeerThis cheap, personalized Christmas ornament can be made from household items such as a canning jar lid and paint.
- Christmas Tree Holiday Domino Necklace or OrnamentThis craft idea for Christmas ornaments can also double as a jewelry craft. You can also wear it for New Year's Eve once Christmas is over!
- Colorful Holiday Felted OrnamentsChristmas tree ornaments are easy and they're also a great way to keep the kids entertained during winter break. These colorful holiday felted ornaments are just the thing to keep your holidays merry and bright!
More Whimsical Christmas Ornaments
- Crochet Heart OrnamentLove the Christmas season? Show it off with this crochet Christmas craft. You can create this ornament quickly and add it to your tree for a fun touch. While you're at it, make a few of these Christmas ornaments and give them to family members and friends. This is a great Christmas gift idea for anyone on your list.
- Festive Ice Skate OrnamentsNothing says Christmas quite like hot cocoa, snowmen and, of course, ice skating. If you can't hit the rink this year, make these cute Christmas ornament crafts instead. This no-sew project can be created by adults and kids alike. Since it doesn't take long to create each ice skate, you can make a bunch and hang them all on your tree together.
- Fuzzy Felt Snowman OrnamentWho doesn't love the look of a snowman during the holiday season? Avoid cold hands and wet boots by creating a snowman Christmas craft that you can hand on your tree. Use scraps of felt to bring this Christmas sewing pattern to life. Give him a name and hang him on your tree - this snowman can be your new holiday companion!
- Crochet Mermaid OrnamentThis may not be the most simple homemade Christmas ornament, but your effort will be well worth it. Having this-one-of-a-kind design on your tree and watch as others smile and swoon.
- Gorgeous Vintage Jewelry OrnamentThis beautiful ornament is made with jewelry and pins from mom's old jewelry box. A Styrofoam ball, ribbon, glue, and jewelry are the main materials for this beautiful project.
- Gift Card Holder OrnamentIf there is someone on your Christmas list that is hard to buy for, you can't go wrong with a gift card. Instead of simply handing over the plastic, make a cute Christmas ornament craft and hang the present on your tree. It's like giving two gifts in one! If you don't sew, have no fear - this project doesn't require a needle and thread.
- Bearded Santa OrnamentThis wooden Santa craft uses non-traditional colors for a bright and unique Christmas ornament.
- Clothespin Santa and RudolphClothespins and felt are all you need for these cheap, personalized Christmas ornaments.
- Crochet Santa OrnamentThis crocheted Christmas tree ornament pattern is beautiful and impressive. Use heavy metallic braid to crochet a festive Santa Christmas ornament.
- Santa and Snowman OrnamentThese quick and easy DIY crafts can be create with flannel and felt. If you want lasting memories of holiday crafting, these are the Christmas tree ornaments to make.
- Claus Finial OrnamentUse crackle texture on an inexpensive base to create an adorable Christmas couple. These unique Christmas ornaments can be passed on to future generations.
More Santa Ornaments
- Crochet Santa OrnamentYoung ones will especially love this crocheted Christmas tree ornament pattern when it's finished! This craft idea for Christmas ornaments can be made in a few easy steps. Grab your worsted weight yarn and get to work.
- Santa Claus OrnamentMade from high lustre yarn and a plastic canvas, this craft idea for Christmas ornaments will brighten up your tree.
- Cute Santa Hat OrnamentsThese cute Santa hats make a great addition to trees and gift packages. Everyone is sure to love them!
- Cute Crochet Santa OrnamentInstead of buying a Christmas ornament this year, gather up your yarn and hooks for this Christmas crochet pattern. This adorable Christmas Santa ornament doesn't take long to make but is sure to leave a lasting impression. Once you've mastered this project, crochet Mrs. Claus and a few elves, too.
Free Craft Video: 3 Minute DIY Christmas Ornaments
- A Peaceful Angel OrnamentThis paper Christmas ornament is simply made from cardstock, ribbon and felt has a cute angel that will bless your Christmas tree this year.
- Antique Angel Ornament or Wall DecorThis cheap, personalized Christmas ornament is made with inexpensive foam painted with a faux rust finish.
- Angel Ornament PatternCreates a beautiful Christmas angel craft that can be displayed any time of year.
- Clay Angel OrnamentMake a polymer clay angel craft and add a unique Christmas ornament to your tree!
- Dated Angel OrnamentIf there's a new addition in the family or you just want to mark a momentous occasion, this is a nice craft idea for Christmas ornaments.
- Little AngelChristmas tree decorations are a fun and easy way to decorate for the holiday. These crochet angels can be whipped up quickly, so you can create a unique angel for everyone you love.
- Coffee Filter Angel WingsThis is an easy and inexpensive Christmas craft using a common household material! Use glitter and ribbon to take something ordinary and make it extraordinary.
- Recycled CD Holiday OrnamentTired of that CD from the 1990s? Repurpose it as a unique Christmas ornament and showcase some family photos or cute designs.
- Easy Greeting Card Recycled Christmas OrnamentRecycled greeting cards and cookie cutters can be used for this cheap, personalized Christmas ornament.
- Easy Cookie Cutter Recycled Christmas OrnamentIron-on threads, cookie cutter shapes and old Christmas cards make this project as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Easy Recycled Christmas OrnamentThese ornaments will be a hit with your friends and family. Give one as a gifts in person or send it by mail.
- Recycled Light bulb Holiday OrnamentsDon't throw away those burnt-out light bulbs just yet. With a little water-based varnish, tissue paper, paint and a ribbon, these eco-friendly ornaments make a great craft idea for Chrismas ornaments.
More Recycled Ornaments
- Milk Bottle Cap OrnamentPlastic caps and leftover wrapping paper join to create these super cute handmade Christmas ornaments! You could also fill the bottle caps with pictures of your kids, grandkids or even images of what you want for Christmas!
- Easy Photo Christmas OrnamentsSave old Christmas cards and other paper items to create this simple geometric Christmas ornament craft. Add photos to each side to create a personal keepsake that you can put up year after year. This ornament can be made in a flash but looks so intricate.
- Altoid Small Collage OrnamentUse mini tins from breath mints to make a small collage ornament! Leftover materials are your best friends with this exciting project.
More DIY Christmas Ornaments
- How to Make Canning Jar Lid WreathsSave a canning jar lid and create this quick and easy Christmas craft. Eco-friendly crafts are a great way to save on supplies and help the Earth.
- Knit Mitten OrnamentsGet your needles moving and make a set of miniature mittens. This Christmas ornament craft is sure to become a family heirloom.
- Glittered Snowman and Santa Ball OrnamentsGlitter is always in season, but during the holidays, it's especially popular. Make your tree shine with these delightful easy Christmas ornaments. You can't help but smile when you see these sparkly Christmas ornament crafts.
- Big n' Bold Christmas OrnamentsMake a major statement with these ornaments. You'll want to save these handmade designs for next year, too. Show off your crafty skills and get in the holiday spirit at the same time.
- Antique Snowman OrnamentTake a trip back in time with this fun and easy-to-make Christmas ornament craft. This cute craft idea will remind you of holidays spent at your grandma's house.
- Let it Snow Christmas OrnamentsCreate simple christmas ornament crafts that sparkle and shine on your tree. This project is quick, easy and so fun.
- Dollar Store DIY OrnamentsCheap can be chic! Just take a look at these Christmas crafts for proof.
Even More DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Heart Felt Ornaments TutorialQuick and simple ornaments are the best way to decorate a tree. These ornaments take just minutes to make but look so intricate.
- Precious Memories Glass Photo OrnamentOnce you learn how to make Christmas ornaments, you may not bve able to stop. Luckily, you can make these ornaments in no time at all.
- Frosted Holly Wreath DIY Christmas OrnamentA Christmas tree with ornaments is the best way to celebrate the season. Add one of these to your tree and watch it sparkle all season long.
- Purple Penguin Christmas OrnamentsDiscover how to make a Christmas ornament that will make people stop and stare. You won't believe how easy it is to complete this project.
- Paper Flower DIY OrnamentsAdd festive and flowerful homemade ornament ideas to your tree.
- Doodly DIY OrnamentsGet quirky with these whimisical and wacky Christmas crafts to make.
- Ombre DIY OrnamentsOpt for trendy ombre hues for your tree with year when you make these DIY painted Christmas crafts.
Reader Favorite Ornament Crafts!
Here are few more handmade ornaments that our readers love!
- Dollar Store Ornament WreathThis is a great and inexpensive way to add some color to your front door.
- Leaves and Berries OrnamentGold swirls and bright red berries made with paint writers create a glittering holiday ornament that you'll love to hang on your tree.
- Glitter Filled OrnamentsMade with floor wax and glitter, these lovely ornaments are great for adding some color and style to your Christmas tree.
- Owl I Want for Christmas is You OrnamentYou'll be smiling when you discover that these are easy ornaments to make.
- Vintage Snowman OrnamentThese cute Christmas ornaments would look lovely hanging in the tree or on the mantel.
- Glitter Topped Christmas OrnamentsBe sure to add jingle bells and pretty ribbon to the top of your ornament for a more regal look.
- Neon Homemade Christmas OrnamentsCreate these one of a kind brightly painted ornaments, perfect to personalize your tree in any color! Dare to chose new hues!
- Felt Mobile OrnamentsCompletely transform your space with these colorful felt ornaments!
Angel DIY Glitter Ornaments Video Tutorial
Want to make some crazy-easy, last-minute Christmas ornament crafts? Check out these adorable Angel DIY Glitter Ornaments. Follow the link for an easy-to-follow free crafting video on how to make ornaments you are sure to adore.
Who doesn't love making Christmas ornaments? Get more great Christmas craft ideas and learn how to make your own unique keepsakes with our roundup of 28 Ornaments to Give or Keep for Yourself. These ornaments are fun to make and perfect for any tree. As the name states, you can save your craft for yourself or give it away and a DIY Christmas gift. Either way, your work is sure to stand out this holiday season. Get the collection: 28 Ornaments to Give or Keep for Yourself
Leave a Comment & Tell Us: What's Your Favorite Kind of Ornament to Make?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Snowman Family Recycled Craft Ornament
- Heart Felt Ornaments Tutorial
- 70+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- No-Sew Quilted Christmas Ornament
- Crochet Angel Tree Topper
- Tea Light Snowman and Owl Christmas Ornaments
- DIY Beaded Garland Ornaments
- Snowflake Mitten Holiday Ornament
- 28 Ornaments to Give or Keep for Yourself
- Popsicle Stick Angel Ornament Craft
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Football Vase
- Tassel Earrings
- Valentine's day wall decorations
- Recycled Wine Glass Planters
- Chic Valentine Decor
- How to Sew an Eyeglass Case with a Pocket
- How to Decoupage on Wood
- How to Store Craft Supplies + Craft Room Storage Ideas
- DIY Valentines Day Wreath
- How to Choose the Correct Sewing Thread
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home