Bead and Glitter Dinosaur Necklace
Dip into your child's toy chest for some crafty inspiration and create your own Bead and Glitter Dinosaur Necklace from Savannah Starr. Use glitter to transform your tiny toy dinosaurs. DIY jewelry crafts add a fun touch to any outfit and show your creativity.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Plastic dinosaurs
- Glue brush
- Tulip Fashion Glitter
- Paper plate (or other paper to catch glitter)
- Jewelry wire
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Small beads
- Rhinestones or Swarovski crystals for eyes
- Ready-made necklace
- Select dinosaurs for your necklace. I like the base color of the dinosaur to match the glitter, so if needed, you might want to paint the dinosaur and let dry before next step.
- Brush Aleene’s Tacky Glue onto dinosaur.
- I like to glitter my dinosaurs in two parts so I hold the head when first applying the glue and then come back and glitter the head.
- Place paper plate on work surface and sprinkle glitter over glue. Set aside to dry. Repeat to cover head with glitter.
- To create a hanger for the dinosaur, cut approximately 6″ piece of jewelry wire. Add beads to wire, loop end around wire several times to create a “lasso.” Cut off extra using photo as guide.
- Slip the lasso over the dinosaur’s head and front legs and position it under the belly.
- Snug up the lasso so that it fits tightly around the dinosaur. Bend the wire to hold in place. To create a hanger loop, use round nose pliers to create loop, wrap excess wire around to hold in place. Cut off any excess wire. Glue eyes in place. Let dry.
- Hang glittered dinosaurs from necklace chain. Add additional dinosaurs with jump rings and chain.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Glittered Dinosaur Necklace.
Read NextEasy Tee Shirt Necklace Tutorial