Mom's Photo Cube Memories
This project makes a very special gift for Mom's birthday or a thoughtful Mother's Day gift. Display photos that hold a special place in Mom's heart with this simple craft that can be enjoyed from all angles.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cube, 5"
- Solid card stock: two 12" x 12" sheets; various scraps
- Decorative paper, 12" x 12", two sheets
- Four photos
- Mother sentiment sticker
- Papier-mâché embellishments: LOVE (letters); flower
- Metal embellishments: small frame; hinge; brad
- Crystal heart gem
- Memories rubber stamp
- Ink pads: black; metallic gold
- Small paper tag
- Scissors: standard; deckle-edge
- Optional: paper trimmer
- Craft knife with sharp blade
- Paper-crafting glue and thick, white craft glue;
- Use standard scissors, or paper trimmer, to cut six 5 1/8" squares from card stock.
- Spread thin, even coat of glue onto one side of foam cube. Place card stock square over glue, flush with one side and top edge; smooth paper with fingers. Let dry.
- Use craft knife to trim excess paper at side and bottom edges. Repeat to cover all sides of cube.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 3 with decorative papers.
- Mat three photos with scrap card stock; to mat, adhere photos to card stock and cut out, leaving narrow card stock border visible all around. Trim and place fourth photo in metal frame.
- Lightly apply black ink to papier-mâché letters; apply gold to papier- mâché flower.
- Mat sentiment sticker with decorative paper scrap; adhere to top of cube. Glue flower and heart gem to corner of sticker.
- Adhere letters and framed photo to cube front. Refer to photo as guide and adhere remaining photos and embellishments to rest of cube.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextMom's Favorite Tin Can Photo Vase