35 Homemade Mothers Day Flowers
Mother’s Day (May 9th) is just around the corner and Mothers Day flowers are a popular gift idea for the occasion. Unfortunately, fresh, cut mothers day flowers are often expensive and can have negative environmental effects. In addition, fresh mothers day flowers only last a short time! This year, use crafting to make your own homemade mothers day flowers from materials like fabric, paper and even household materials.These adorable and stunning crafts for Mother's Day are cetain to make your favorite lady's day this May. Check out this list below for how to make flower tutorials, flower craft ideas, and more.
For more beautiful handmade flower projects to make for Mom, check out our collection of 81+ Printable Flower Patterns.
Crafts for Mothers Day Flowers
- Dimensional Fabric Flower Card- Create dimensional mothers day flowers for a homemade card with cotton fabric and glitter.
- Mother’s Day Lilac Card- Use a sizzix die to build a lilac for a homemade Mother’s Day card. These tiny mothers day flowers are so pretty, they beg to be framed.
- Blooming Flowers Cards- Rubber stamps are a simple way to create flowers on a homemade card for Mother’s Day.
- Embellish a Pillow for Mom- Stitch silk flowers onto a plain pillow for a quick and easy gift idea. You can also add flowers with fabric or crochet.
- Flower Name Pot - Use clay to embellish a plain garden pot with flowers and personalization. Make clay mothers day flowers for this gift.
- Mosaic Sunflower - Make a sunflower mosaic for use as a trivet in the kitchen, garden accent or wall art.
- Sculpted Roses Art Frame- Plastic cloth become realistic roses for a picture or mirror frame. These mothers day flowers are sure to last.
- Paper Flower and Button Frame- Embellish a wood picture frame with cheerful punch-out paper flowers and matching buttons.
- Blooming Flower Frame- Use foam shapes to quick and easily create flowers on a plain picture frame. Kids can help create these easy mothers day flowers.
- Plastic Spoon Roses Mother's Day Craft - Learn how to melt plastic spoons into stunning pieces of art with this free crafting video.
- Felt Flower Pin Cushion- If your mom sews, present this pretty flower pin cushion in a mini candle holder.
- Clay Flowers- Follow this technique to create beautiful clay flowers for pendants, jewelry or home accent pieces.
- Pink Passion Flower Earrings - Create flower earrings with pink wire and rubber jump rings.
- Glitter Flower Pendants - Use polymer clay, floral stamps and multi-colored glitter to create the most beautiful necklace pendants.
- Sparkle Flower Earrings - Use beading techniques to create beautiful flower earrings.
- Felt Rose - You can create one brooch or a whole bouquet of felt flowers with this beautiful technique using wool roving.
- Crochet Violets Pin - Make your mom a pin with delicate crochet violets. These tiny mothers day flowers are sure to impress.
- Fancy Coffee Filter Corsage - Use coffee filters to create alternative mothers day flowers. Present to your Mom as a corsage for Mother’s Day.
- Pink and Red Teacup Topiary- Present your Mom an antique teacup filled with a spring topiary for the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
- Tissue Flower Topiary- Use tissue paper in spring colors to create a beautiful topiary of mothers day flowers.
- Tiny Teacup Topiary- Here is another topiary using a teapcup as the base and silk roses. Use a pretty demitasse cup for this craft.
If you are looking for even more ideas for mom, you can find DIY gifts for Mother's Day, Mother's Day printables, and more in our full collection of Mother's Day crafts.