FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: May 2011
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Check out this list of the most popular craft projects on FaveCrafts, AllFreeCrochet, AllFreeKnitting, and AllFreeSewing for May 2011. Revisit your faves and discover new projects to make!
FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft
Projects: May 2011
Table of Contents
Here are your favorite craft projects from May and a few bonus projects to make, hand selected based on your interests.
- 11 Free Birdhouse Designs: Decorate your home, indoor and out, with this collection of free birdhouse designs. These birdhouse crafts are fun to make and also make low-cost gifts for any occasion. You will find free birdhouse designs for fall, summer and winter in this collection.
If you like these projects, check out more birdhouse ideas:
Plastic Bottle Birdhouse & Airbrush Birdhouse
- Dollar Store Petal Skirt: The best way to celebrate spring is by making a skirt that is inspired by a flower! The dollar store petal skirt can be made from an old t-shirt, some dollar store flower petals, and these free sewing patterns.
If you like this project, check out more flower-inspired wearables:
Bridal Fabric Flowers & Rose Petal Onesie and Headband
- 20 Minute Ruffle Dress: The 20 Minute Ruffle Dress is one of those simple sewing projects for kids that really does take only 20 minutes! The pre-ruffled fabric makes the dress look much more complicated than it is.
If you like this project, check out more dresses for little girls:
The Jackie O Dress & Ruffle Dress from Pillowcase
We rounded up your favorite knitting patterns from AllFreeKnitting.com and added in some extras from FaveCrafts. Enjoy!
- Breezy Baby Blanket: Learning how to knit a blanket is incredibly rewarding, especially when you're making a blanket for a new born baby. This Breezy Baby Blanket is made with light cotton, making it the perfect summer gift for upcoming baby showers. Not only is this pattern airy, but it also stretches nicely and wraps around babies with ease.
If you like this pattern, check out more knit baby blanket patterns:
Lacy Violet Baby Blanket & Satin Cradle Blanket
- Checkerboard Seed Stitch Blanket: If you know how to knit a blanket, or even if you just learned how to knit, this Checkerboard Seed Stitch Blanket is a great way to get into the art of knitting blankets. Created using the texture heavy seed stitch, this blanket makes a great housewarming gift in addition to a great piece of home decor.
If you like this pattern, check out more knit baby blanket patterns:
Knit Chevron Baby Blanket & Diamond Baby Blanket
- 30 Minute Knitted Purse: This simple Knitted Purse will soon become your favorite knitting patterns. Complete with an i-cord drawstring, this bag knits up quickly and makes a great companion for shopping.
If you like this pattern, check out more knit bag and purse patterns:
Little Red Knit Bag & Shetland Cable Knit Bag
Grab your hooks and start crocheting! Here are your favorite patterns from AllFreeCrochet.com, plus more from FaveCrafts that we know you'll love.
- Crocheted Snood Headband: Looking for a fun crochet pattern for your hair? Look no further. Crochet this hair snood accessory, it can hold your hair back for that great look. Free crochet patterns are awesome when they look like this.
If you like this pattern, check out more accessory ideas:
Loop Fringe Crochet Choker & Colorful Braided Headband
- Sweet Pea Shawl: The author of this book, Debbie Stoller, published by Workman Publishing has this really cute free crochet shawl pattern called Sweet Pea Shawl by Amie Hirtes. This is a great shawl you'll love to wear during the summer or bring on vacation with you.
If you like this pattern, check our more crochet shawl patterns:
Crochet Angel Shawl & Elegant Crochet Flower Shawl
- Slice of Summer Pot Holders: If you're looking for a bright and cheerful pattern that will also be used as a house held item, try making this "slice of summer" crochet project. The pot holders, which look like oranges, will add color and pizazz to your kitchen.
If you like this pattern, check our more crochet kitchen patterns:
Easy Oven Mitts & Pansy Dishcloth and Potholder
Here are the top 3 most popular sewing patterns from AllFreeSewing.com. To find more sewing patterns on FaveCrafts, read on...
- Bath Towel Spa Slippers: With some old flip flops and a towel you can make your own slippers as comfy as the ones you'd find at the spa. Use this slipper pattern to create slippers you'll love to wear around the house.
If you like this project, check out more slippers to make:
Mary Jane Pleated Slippers & Flower Ballet Slippers
- Kate Spade Tank Knockoff: Don't pay $200 for a cute tank top, especially when you can make a similar version yourself! Since you're so handy with the sewing machine, why not design and make your own clothes? The Kate Spade Tank Knockoff gives you a new idea to try.
If you like this project, check out more ideas for updating old t-shirts:
Anthropologie Inspired Camisole & Scribble Shirt
- Easiest Shirt Ever: It can fun and rewarding to make your own clothes. What's even better? When it's super easy! Make The Easiest Shirt Ever in no time. Then pair it with jeans or a skirt and you're ready to head out the door.
If you like this project, check out more refashioning ideas:
Layered T-Shirt Rehab & Convertible Blouson Tunic
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- "Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2016: DIY Home Decor, Paper Craft Ideas, Sewing Projects, and Unique DIY Crafts" free eBook
- 11 DIY Craft Projects for Any Occasion
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- "12 Easy DIY Projects" Free eBook
- National Craft Month 2017
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Craft Storage and Organization, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- 14 Free Flower Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Hanging Colander Planter
- Simple DIY Fairy Garden
- Quilled Bird Necklace
- 20 Clay Crafts for Adults
- Shades of Fall Mini Mason Jar Lights
- Swirling Leaves Relaxing Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Stress Be Gone Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Fall Acorn Adult Coloring Page
- Mandala Inspired Sunflower Adult Coloring Page
- Love Sign Made with Plaster Casting
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home