100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Patterns, Free Sewing Patterns, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You clicked and we listened! Here stands your top 100 crafts from last year. From crochet to Christmas, sewing to recycling, we have the very best projects from 2011.
There's no denying that tons of people are hooked on crochet...including us! We have tons of hat, scarf, afghan, and shawl patterns included in our list of free crochet patterns. And with so many varies of projects, you're bound to find something to suit your taste and skill level. One of our personal favorites is the Frou Frou Scarf and Hat Set. This crochet hat pattern and matching crochet scarf pattern is easy to make and really fun to wear! Crochet lovers of all skill levels can enjoy making this pattern and the best part is that you can customize it to be whatever colors you'd like! This set is so fun that you might find yourself wanting to make a set for all your friends!
When it comes to sewing projects, there are those who stand by their sewing machine...then there are those who prefer the good old fashioned feeling of a needle and thread. Whatever your preference, we have lots of free sewing patterns to suit everyone's tastes. This Dollar Store Petal Skirt still remains one of everyone's favorite projects. Inspired by frilly spring flowers, this easy girls skirt sewing pattern can be made with thrify dollar store finds...making it both inexpensive and thrifty chic!
Speaking of thrifty, recycling crafts are always trendy, especially at a time when people are acting "green" to save some "green". We always love a good recycled craft project, and we have a great list of some of our best! This Water Bottle Storage system is a great way to recycle and organize your craft supplies. The best thing about this craft supply organizer is that it's decorative as well as functional. With a little creativity and some left over bottles and jars, you can have your supplies organized in no time.
Let's face it, it's never too early to start thinking about Christmas. Whether it's Christmas decor or what kind of handmade Christmas gifts to make this year, this joyous holiday always seems to float in and out of our minds. One of our favorite ways to get in the holiday spirit is to think of fun Christmas ornaments to make, like this Wooden Spool Ornament. It's so simple, yet looks stunning on a Christmas tree. These also make cute stocking stuffers and gift package embellishments.
If you're not quite ready to think about Christmas but are looking for some easy to make gifts, we've got a great assortment to suit almost everyone's tastes! These Candy Kiss Mice are a cute way to show a little love and appreciation to your friends and family. They also make great Valentine's Day and anniversary gifts for your loved one.
And it seems like we're all looking for some easy organizational tips and DIY home decor ideas. From wall art to paper roses, we have a full list of projects that will help add beauty and functionality to your home. Crafts like this Best Coupon Organizer are easy to make and can help save you lots of time at the grocery store.
Finally, we have a fun group of miscellaneous craft ideas that didn't really fit into a category, but were well loved just the same! Here you'll find lots of seasonal decorating ideas, easy knit scarf patterns, and more! These Mini Cupcake Easter Baskets are fun Easter decorations to make, and would look so cute sitting on your table for Easter Sunday!
So whether you're a fan of crochet, sewing, recycling, or just gluing one thing to another, you're bound to find something you'll love in our collection of 100 Craft Ideas from 2011!
100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Patterns, Free Sewing Patterns, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
Here's a collection of our favorite and most popular free crochet patterns. We have patterns for everything from crochet hat patterns to free crochet afghan patterns. And the best part is that they come in a variety of skill levels, so there is bound to be something in this collection that is right for you!
- Fabulous Crochet Shawl
- Coffee and Cream Afghan
- Easy One Ball Baby Blanket
- Cascading Potato Chip Scarf
- Brightly Colored Throw
- Crochet Ring Pattern
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- Baby Granny 3 Ways
- Copenhagen Pillow
- Warm Boot Slippers
- Rose Slippers
- Crochet Angel Shawl
- Aconite Flower
- The Coziest Crochet Baby Blanket
- Frou Frou Hat
- Waffle Dishcloth
- Easy Bucket Hat
- Crunch Stitch Potholder
- Errands Bag
- Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf
- Cozy Cabin Slippers for Men
- Cozy Soft Baby Cocoon
- 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- Paradores Infinity Scarf
- Hello Kitty Devil
- Light and Lacey Scarf
- Scandinavian Hat
- Flower Slippers
- Adorable Crocheted Baby Dress
These free, easy sewing patterns are our most popular of all time! Check out what your fellow crafter love to sew in this collection below. You'll find clothing to sew for yourself or a child, accessories, and more. Whether you like hand sewing, machine sewing, quilting, or just attempting to sew things together haphazardly, you'll love these patterns!
- Pillowcase Sun Hat
- Cleavage Be Gone
- 21 Free Sewing Patterns
- 20 Minute Ruffle Dress
- Mary Jane Pleated Slippers
- Funky Jeans Bag
- Scrunchy Ruffle Scarf
- Inside Out Tote
- Japanese Afternoon Quilt
- Dollar Store Petal Skirt
- Fashionable Toddler Dress
- Anthropologie Inspired Camisole
- The Jackie O Dress
- Fat Quarter Dress
Raid your garbage can and recycling bin for these thrifty recycling crafts. You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on supplies at your local craft store for these projects. Instead, spare the landfills and craft with materials that might otherwise be destined for the trash. You can repurpose pretty much anything by crafting.
- 6 Old Jeans Purse Patterns
- Dollar Store Ornament Wreath
- Water Bottle Storage Upcycle
- Recycled Paper Bag Bracelets
- Soda Can Butterfly Pin
- 14 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- 14 Things to Do With Old Jeans
- Turn Old Jeans into Potholders
- Coffee Filter Flower
- Vintage Upcycled Jars
- Magazine Purse
- Uses for Plastic Coffee Creamer Cups
- Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder
- Easy Recycled Fruit and Veggies Bag
- Beaded CD Ornaments
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...and with these easy handmade Christmas decorations, you're sure to have a house that Santa will love to visit! Whether you use these Christmas decor crafts for your own use or as handmade gifts for friends and loved ones is up to you, but there's no denying that we could all use a little Christmas spirit all year...so don't fret that it's not December, get a jump start on your Christmas decor now so you can enjoy your holiday when it's here!
- Easy Fabric Ornaments
- Unique Tampon Angel
- 32 Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
- Snowflake Angel Earrings
- Antique Angel Ornament
- Drinking Straw Tree
- Mr. and Mrs. Snowman
- 6 Gift in a Jar Ideas
- Vintage Spool Ornaments
- 24 Ornaments to Make
There's just nothing like personalized handmade gifts. It means a lot when someone goes out of their way to make something by hand, so take a few extra minutes and make a gift for your next holiday or birthday gift exchange. Whether it's functional, edible, or decorative, everyone is sure to love these unique handmade gift ideas.
- Friendship Jar
- Vintage Purse
- Tissue Knit Necklace
- Candy Kiss Mice
- Blue Malibu Bracelet
- Gardeners Hand Scrub
- 34 Beaded Bracelet Patterns
- Top 15 Gifts for Women
- Cupcake Bath Bomb
Bring color and style to your home without breaking the bank! With these easy DIY home decor projects, you can better organize and style your living space. Personalized home decor is a great day to make your house a home, and we have the best DIY ideas to get you started!
- Crepe Paper Rose Bouquet
- Vintage Laundry Jar
- Best Coupon Organizer
- Garden Decor Wall Art
- Ribbon Organizer
- 11 Free Birdhouse Designs
- Butterfly Garden Stake
- Sock Wreath
- 4 Clay Pots You'll Love
- Easy Ribbon Wreath
- Green Pendant Wind Chime
Sometimes all you need is just a little inspiration...and that's why we included a bunch of miscellaneous crafts that were worth mentioning, even if they didn't fit into a category! Whether you're looking for Easter decorations or new knitted scarf patterns, you're sure to find something to spark your interest in our "odds and ends" craft section!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2016: DIY Home Decor, Paper Craft Ideas, Sewing Projects, and Unique DIY Crafts" free eBook
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- "12 Easy DIY Projects" Free eBook
- 11 DIY Craft Projects for Any Occasion
- FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: February 2011
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Patterns, Free Sewing Patterns, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- National Craft Month 2017
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Craft Storage and Organization, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wedding Photos Home Decor Display
- Pretty Polka Dot Patio Furniture
- Coloring Book Jewelry Set
- Checkerboard Easy Chair
- Dancing Sheep Crochet Hat
- Swirl Tie Dye Technique
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Quilling: Basic Materials and Technique
- Rustic Chic Love Chicken Wire Frame
- Today You Will Rule the World Coffee Trivet