Vintage Inspired Baby Wipe Flower Tag
Crafting with...baby wipes?! You read right. Vintage craft ideas come in all shapes and sizes, and this one is completely unique. Make Linda Peterson's Vintage-Inspired Baby Wipe Flower Tag from repurposed baby wipes and other easy-to-find materials.
- Baby wipes
- Color wash
- Needle and thread in matching colors
- Tag from office supply store
- Decoupage medium
- Stamp – foam or create one of your own
- Various embellishments such as buttons and additional scraps of fabric
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Apply a thin coat of decoupage medium to your stamp.
- Stamp images onto tag. Let dry.
- Spritz colors onto tag.
- Remove excess color with baby wipe. Allow tag to dry.
- Tear wipes into two small circles slightly larger than a quarter. Tear one circle approximately the size of a half dollar.
- Bunch the small circle in the center.
- Secure with a needle and thread stitch.
- Stitch the second small circle to the first.
- Stitch the big circle to the bottom and tie with a knot to secure.You can also create small “bud” by repeating the last two steps.Glue all embellishments to card.
- My baby wipes were colored with the ink that was on my work surface after I cleaned up. You can also spray your baby wipes with color wash to achieve the desired color and effect. Allow them to dry.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Create an Embossed Mixed Media Frame.
Read NextMarker Art Quote Page