Stamped Bird Journal
Record your thoughts and dreams in your very own Stamped Bird Journal from Linda Peterson. Create a custom stamp to personalize your peace and make it completely unique. This is a great gift idea for a friend or family member.
- Small notepad
- Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue
- Craft Foam in any color
- Decorative paper or page from old book
- Decoupage medium
- Acrylic Paint in colors of choice
- Strip of decorative fabric or ribbon
- Paper tape measure (optional)
- Black fine tip permanent marker
- Cut the craft foam in half and glue pieces together. Allow to dry.
- Draw desired shape of a bird. We used a comma shape for the bird and small heart shape for the wing.Trace onto craft foam and cut out.
- Cut out a rectangle from double thickness craft foam and glue onto back of bird shape and wing shape. Allow to dry.
- Decoupage paper to front of notebook and allow to dry. Apply paint to stamp with brush. Stamp shape onto notebook. Allow to dry. Stamp wing shape on bird. Allow to dry.
- Decoupage paper to front of notebook and allow to dry.
- Outline bird with fine tip marker and add any additional details desired.Draw lines for legs.Glue fabric tape measure along top edge of notebook if desired.Tie a bow from strip of fabric and glue to top of notebook.
- Glue and paint will clean up easily with water.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out Whimsical Bird Stamped Notepad.