Crystal Memory Wire Bracelet
Create an elegant bracelet from memory wire and glass beads.
- 3 lengths: 6 - 8 in. - Beadalon Silver-Plated Memory Wire, large bracelet size
- 22 - 11x6mm Two hole strand spacers with crystal center (A)
- 44 - 4mm Clear smooth bicone color coated glass beads (B)
- 49 - 2mm Round silver beads (C)
- 6 - 5mm Ball memory wire end caps, silver plated
- BeadFix adhesive
- Designer chain nose pliers
- Designer memory wire shears (optional)
Note: Finished Length: 7 1/4 in. Adjust bead amounts for smaller or larger bracelets. In the instructions, the different beads are referenced as A, B, and C, as noted in the materials list.
1. Measure your wrist, add ¼ in. (.635cm) and cut three lengths of memory wire to this measurement. The bracelet shown is 7 1/4 in.
Tip: To cut memory wire, either use memory wire shears, or hold it with pliers at the desired point and bend it back and forth until it breaks – usually a couple of times. Do not use a wire cutting tool: memory wire is tempered; its hardness will damage your tool.
2. Using BeadFix, glue an end cap to one end of each length of wire. Hold the end cap in place for a minute or so to allow the glue to set.
3. Start with the middle strand of wire. Thread beads in the following pattern:
1 C - 1 A - 1 C - 1 A (back facing forward)
Follow this pattern, reversing every other strand spacer to fill your length of wire.
4. Finish with 1 C bead. Using BeadFix, glue on an end cap.
5. Thread the second wire through 1 C bead. Then pass it through the second hole of the closest spacer bead to the end of the middle wire. Pick up 1 B, 1 C and 1 B. Pass through the next strand spacer (A). Continue to the other end of the wire. End with 1 B, 1 C, 1 B and an end cap.
6. Repeat step 5 for the remaining length of wire.
Read NextHow to Make Eye Pin Loops