We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Embrace that prairie style! This free knit shawl pattern can be worn looped around like a scarf or draped like a traditional shawl. The eyelets created by this pattern are so pretty, and the edging is simply charming. The blue yarn used for this pattern is so fitting for the prairie! Pair this shawl with a lacy top and a denim jacket for that girly, farm-girl flair. Boots with fringe and your favorite pair of jeans really complete this outfit. Imagine sitting on the porch with this shawl draped around your shoulders, taking the world in. This is a beautiful project to make and to wear!
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge15 sts x 22 rows = 4” in Stockinette stitch after blocking. Save time, check your gauge.
Finished SizeWidth: 54”, Length at center: 30”
- Premier® Yarns Rodeo™ (85% cotton, 15% polyester; 150g/265yds): #1066-03 Light Blue – 2 balls
- US Size 9 (5.5mm) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Removable stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Frosty Blue Premier Yarn and Hook Bundle to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in The Ultimate 2018 Crafter's Grand Prize Giveaway!
Cast on 5 sts.
Row 1 (RS): K2, yo, k1, yo, k2 – 7 sts. Use removable marker to mark center st. As subsequent rows are worked, move marker up so it is always easy to identify the center st.
Row 2: K2, purl to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 3: K2, [yo, k1] 3 times, yo, k2 – 11 sts.
Row 4: K2, purl to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 5: K2, yo, knit to marked center st, yo, knit center st, yo, knit to last 2 sts, yo, k2 – 4 sts increased.
Row 6-21: Rep Rows 4 and 5, 8 more times – 47 sts.
Row 22: Knit.
Row 23: K2, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to 1 st before center st, yo, k1, yo, knit center st, yo, k1, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to last 2 sts, yo, k2 – 4 sts increased.
Row 24: Knit.
Row 25: Rep Row 5.
Rows 26-41: Rep Rows 4 and 5, 8 more times –87 sts.
Rows 42-61: Rep Rows 22-41 - 127 sts.
Rows 62-81: Rep Rows 22-41 – 167 sts.
Rows 82-101: Rep Rows 22-41 – 207 sts.
Rows 102-105: Rep Rows 22-25 – 215 sts.
At end of Row 105, cast on 8 sts.
Row 1 (WS): K7, p2tog (last st of edging with first st of shawl body).
Row 2 (RS): Sl 1, k1, [yo, k2tog] twice, yo, k2.
Row 3: Sl 1, k7, p2tog.
Row 4: Sl 1, k2, [yo, k2tog] twice, yo, k2.
Row 5: Sl 1, k8, p2tog.
Row 6: Sl 1, k3, [yo, k2tog] twice, yo, k2.
Row 7: Sl 1, k9, p2tog.
Row 8: Sl 1, k4, [yo, k2tog] twice, yo, k2.
Row 9: Sl 1, k10, p2tog.
Row 10: Sl 1, k11.
Row 11: Bind off 4, k7 (including st left from bind off), p2tog.
Rep Rows 2-11 until all shawl body sts are worked, ending final rep with Row 9 of edging. Bind off all sts.
Weave in ends.
Block to finished measurements.
- knit 2 stitches together
- purl 2 stitches together
- Right Side
- slip, slip, knit
- yarn over
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of March 19, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until March 18 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite yarn to work with?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pot O' Gold Clay Pot Craft
- Flower Puppy Coloring Page
- Spirograph Mandala Coloring Page
- Abundance of Pineapples Adult Coloring Page
- Butterfly Tango Adult Coloring Page
- Toucan Coloring Page
- Graceful Flamingo Adult Coloring Page
- Indianapolis Canal Walk Coloring Page
- Plum Easy Patterns
- 32 Egg Carton Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home