Knitted Fall Tote Bag
This easy wool tote from Authentic Knitting Board for autumn is a great project for beginners. You can keep your yarn or other craft supplies in the tote when finished!
- (2) Skeins of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. 2 different colors.
- 10” Knitting Board
- Crochet Hook
- Large Eyed Needle
- Cast On (22) stitches, using all pins on 10” Knitting Board.
- Place loop on top board and weave the 22 stitches. Lay the anchor yarn. Weave again and hook over. Stitches are cast on.
- Knit (3) rows with base yarn. Lay yarn aside, attached.
- Tie on your stripe yarn and knit (1) row. (Photo A). Do not cut the stripe yarn. Pick up base yarn again and knit one row. Alternate the colors until you have (4) rows of the stripe yarn. Cut stripe yarn and knot in between boards.
- Knit (30) rows with base yarn. Repeat the stripes again with the stripe yarn by tying on at beginning of row. Do not cut the yarns; alternate the colors until you have another (4) rows of stripe. This is the backside of bag. Knit (3) rows with base yarn and Bind Off with crochet hook.
- To make the Strap, Cast On 8 stitches with stripe yarn and knit for 42 rows and Bind Off. Fold over strap piece, lengthwise, and sew together to make a tubular shape strap.
- Now you are ready to sew your bag together. Sew up sides, (Photo B). Then attach strap piece securely. Your bag is ready to go!