Sweater Wrap for Baby
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This adorable baby's sweater wrap is a kimono-style that is perfect for layering in the colder temperatures. For the beginning knitter.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Bernat® Baby Coordinates
- (160 g / 5.6 oz) (394 m / 431 yds)
- 1 (2-2-2) ball(s) of #09612 (Daisy Yellow).
- Knitting Needles: Size 3.75 mm (U.S. 5) or size needed to obtain gauge.
6 (12-18-24) mos.
To fit chest measurement
17 (18-19-21) ins [43 (45.5-48- 53.5) cm].
Finished chest: 21 (22-23-25) ins [53.5 (56-58.5-63.5) cm].
22 sts and 42 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in garter st.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
Right and Left Front (make alike)
Cast on 52 (55-58-63) sts. Work in garter st (knit every row) for 2 ins [5 cm].
Shape front: Dec 1 st at beg of row on next and every following alt row to 35 (38-47-50) sts, then every following 4th row from previous dec to 31 (33-36-39) sts, ending at armhole edge.
Shape armhole: Cast off 7 (8-9-10) sts beg next row. 24 (25-27- 29) sts.
Dec 1 st at front edge on every following 4th row from previous dec to 12 (12-14-15) sts. Cont even until armhole measures 4¾ (5-5-5½) ins [12 (12.5-12.5-14) cm]. Cast off.
Back: Cast on 58 (61-64-69) sts. Work in garter st until total length measures same as Front before armhole shaping.
Shape armholes: Cast off 7 (8-9-10) sts beg next 2 rows. 44 (45- 46-49) sts.
Cont even until Back measures same length as Fronts before shoulder.
Place markers 2¼ (2¼-2½-2¾) ins [5.5 (5.5-6-7) cm] in from sides for shoulders.
Sleeves: Cast on 33 (35-39-39) sts.
Work in garter st, inc 1 st each end of needle on 5th and every following 8th row to 51 (55-55-61) sts.
Cont even until Sleeve from beg measures 8 (9-9½-10) ins [20.5 (23- 24-25.5) cm], ending with a RS row. Cast off.
Place markers along sides 1¼ (1½-1½-1¾) ins [3 (4-4-4.5) cm] down from cast off edge.
Pin garment pieces to measurements. Cover with a damp cloth, leaving cloth to dry.
Sew shoulder seams. Sew in sleeves, placing rows above markers along cast off sts of Fronts and Back to form square armholes.
Ties: (make 4). Cast on 25 sts. Cast off.
Sew 2 ties at beg of front shaping on each front and 2 ties at side seams 2 ins [5 cm] up from cast on edge of body to match to front ties.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Green Tea Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Crochet Utility Mini Basket
- Dr. Seuss Sneetches Costume Idea
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home