Tiny Painted Teacups and Saucers
Tiny Painted Teacups and Saucers are adorable. Paint them with some cozy designs by Suzie Shineski for I Love to Create to keep your home looking fresh and comfortable. Little phrases painted on the side bring cheer to anyone that steps foot in your home, but this project is also a great DIY gift idea. You can use any plain teacups in your house or go out and buy some miniature ones for this DIY kitchen craft.
- Duncan Concepts Underglazes for Bisque C1 CN 507 Neon Red
- Duncan Concepts Underglazes for Bisque C1 CN 504 Neon Orange
- Duncan Concepts Underglazes for Bisque C1 CN 501 Neon Yellow
- Duncan Concepts Underglazes for Bisque C1 CN 253 Dark Black
- New Bisque Designs C1 Flower Peek-A-Boo Mug 5.25 x 3.75 x 3.25
- Duncan®Concepts Underglazes for Bisque C1 CN 151 Light Blue Spruce
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs C1 Teacup & Saucer
- Signature Brushes C1 SB 802 No. 1 Liner
- Signature Brushes C1 SB 803 No. 4 Liner
- Signature Brushes C1 SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- Duncan® Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze
- Potter's sponge
- Paper cup
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Container for water
- Clay carbon paper
Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
Pour some Pure Brilliance into a paper cup and thin with water to a heavy cream consistency. Pour into mugs and roll around to coat entire insides. Pour out any remaining glaze back into paper cup and wipe away any drips with a damp sponge. Let dry.
Use the Fan Glaze to apply three flowing coats of Neon Orange onto one of the saucers and three coats of Light Blue Spruce onto the other. Let dry completely.
Use pencil to divide mug handles into four sections, then apply three coats of Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Red and Light Blue Spruce to sections of handles. Refer to photo for placement.
If desired, use pencil to lightly sketch “NO PLACE LIKE” and an outline of a house on front of mugs. Or, place clay carbon paper on front of mugs with pattern on top and trace over design to transfer onto front of mugs.
Use the No. 1 Liner to apply two coats of Black to lettering.
Apply three coats of Neon Orange to the house on one of the mugs and Light Blue Spruce on the other. Let dry completely.
Use sponge to dab one coat of Pure Brilliance onto mugs; let dry and use the Fan Glaze brush to apply a second coat. Use the Fan Glaze to brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto saucers. Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.
Read NextVictorian Charm Recipe Box