Dyed Napkins With Watermelon Applique
Dress up your table with Dyed Napkins With Watermelon Applique from Linda Peterson. This adorable applique craft is perfect for a summer cookout or holiday barbeque! Summer won't be complete until you've celebrated with this easy craft.
- 16 x 16” piece of muslin
- Fabric spray paint – neon green
- Fabric paint – dark green, black
- Fabric watermelon applique or applique of choice
- Applique glue
- Flat paintbrush
- Water bucket
- Paper towels
- Wash and dry muslin if necessary.
- Spritz neon green fabric paint unevenly over entire surface of fabric. Daub off any excess puddles with paper towel.
- Paint green stripes 1” thick (or desired width) onto fabric leaving approximately 2” in between each. Paint thin lines on each side of thick line.
- Paint thin black lines just outside of the thin green line and outline the perimeter with a scalloped line.
- Paint teardrops for seeds over entire surface. Make sure that the seeds go different directions to add interest.
- Glue on fabric applique.
- Cut 1/2” slits around edges to create fringe.
For comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Create a Hand Painted Watermelon Applique Napkin.