Give any lamp shade a new life by sprucing it up with Krylon paint! This Peace Lamp from Krylon sparkles with flower power! DIY budget home decor is easy and fun! Peace, love, and inspiration, dude!
See this project and more glittery crafts in our free eBook, How to Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast.
- Lamp base and shade
- Cardstock shapes (i.e. peace signs and flowers)*
- 1 can Krylon® Glitter Blast™ Glitter Paint, Starry Night
- 1 can Krylon® Glitter Blast™ Glitter Paint, Posh Pink
- 1 can Krylon® Glitter Blast™ Glitter Paint, Twilight Sky
- 1 can Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint, Black
- 1 can Krylon® Easy Tack
- Masking tape and paper
- Craft glue or glue dots
- Remove shade from lamp. Clean all objects to be painted, making sure the surfaces are free of dirt and dust. Mask off all electrical parts.
- Spray lamp base with Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor black paint. Apply several light coats to avoid runs and drips. Spray from side to side in a sweeping motion beginning off the surface and ending off of the other side. Let dry.
- Spray lamp base with Krylon® Glitter Blast™ Glitter Paint Starry Night. Repeat coats as necessary for complete coverage. Wait approximately 1 to 2 minutes between coats, shaking can before each coat. Let dry 24 hours before handling.
- Spray backside of cardstock shapes with Krylon® Easy Tack; adhere to masking paper. Spray shapes with Krylon® Glitter Blast™ Glitter Paint in desired colors. Let dry.
- Remove glittered pieces from masking paper and apply to lampshade using glue dots or craft glue.
- Reassemble lamp.
Read NextEtch a Sketch Chalkboard