Sweet Scallop Necklace
Cube and glass beads make this scallop necklace from Katie Hacker perfect for a party or date night.
- 63 - 4mm Light rose round glass beads
- 18 - 4mm Maroon Toho cube beads
- Silver S-hook clasp
- 16 in. length - Elongated cable chain, silver plated
- 9 - 1 in. Eye pins, silver plated
- 18 - 1 in. Head pins, silver plated
- Designer chain nose pliers
- Designer round nose pliers
- Designer flush cutters
- String a cube bead and a round bead onto a head pin. Make a loop above the round bead. Repeat this procedure to make 18 beaded head pins.
- String the following onto an eye pin: round bead, head pin loop, round bead, head pin loop, round bead, head pin loop, round bead. Make a loop after the last round bead on the eye pin. Repeat to make nine beaded eye pins.
- Fold the length of chain in half to find the center link. Attach one loop of a beaded eye pin to the link on each side of the center link of the chain.
- Skip three links, then attach another beaded eye pin to the chain as shown. Attach the remaining beaded eye pins to the chain, evenly spaced.
- Open the last link of the chain and attach an S hook. Squeeze the link shut. To fasten the necklace, the clasp can be hooked to any link on the other end of the chain.