Red and Black Cafe Necklace and Earrings
Use red and silver glass beads to make your own necklace and earrings from Katie Hacker. This distinct jewelry set can complete any outfit.
- .018 diameter bright Beadalon 19 Strand beading wire
- Bicone glass beads: thirty 6mm black, eighteen 6mm red, six 8mm black
- Two 10mm round red glass beads
- Two 8mm firepolish red glass beads
- Two 10mm round red/silver glass beads
- One 9mm cylindrical red glass bead
- Twenty 6mm silver spacer beads
- Two 2mm silver crimp tubes
- Silver lobster clasp & ring
- Designer Crimper
- Nipper tool
- Bicone glass beads: two 6mm black, two 8mm red
- Four 6mm silver spacer beads
- Two 1 1/2" silver head pins
- 2 silver ear wires
- Beadstorm™ Round Nose Pliers
- Nipper tool
- Cut a 19" length of Beadalon 19 Strand More Flexible beading wire. String a crimp tube 1/2" from the end. String the Beadalon wire through half of the clasp and back into the crimp tube to form a small loop. Use a crimping tool to crimp the crimp tube.
- String 15 black 6mm beads. String two silver spacer beads, then string nine red 6mm beads.
- String a silver spacer onto the wire. Then, string beads as follows with a silver spacer between each glass bead: 10mm, 8mm black, 8mm red, 8mm black, 10mm red/silver.
- String two silver spacer beads, a 9mm cylinder and two silver spacer beads. Then, follow the beading pattern from steps 2-3 in the reverse order to make the necklace symmetrical. Use a crimp tube to attach half of the clasp to the end of the necklace.
- String the following beads onto a head pin: red, silver, black. Use round nose pliers to make a loop above the black bead. Cut off any extra wire. Attach the beaded head pin to the lower loop on an ear wire.