Princess Fluffypants Kitty Cat Necklace
Create this adorable charm ID tag for your favorite feline.
- Four Watermelon Rainbow Paula Radke for Beadalon Tubes
- Eight Size 4 Inside Color Clear Toho Cubes
- Three AB Finish Aqua Czech Glass Fish
- Four 10x8mm Blue/Green Bicolor Czech Glass Faceted Ovals
- Twenty Rainbow Pink Toho Magatama Beads
- Eight 9mm SP Open Heart Tags
- One SS12 Rose Swarovski Hot Fix Crystal
- Twelve 8mm SP Jump Rings
- One 20.3mm Heavy SP Spring Ring Clasp
- One 1” Clear Plastic Circle Sticker
- One 1” Imitation Rhodium Bevel Edged Pendant Blank
- Scanned and printed Tiny Image of Kitty Cat
- 10 pt. Times New Roman Print Out of Name or Phrase
- Eleven SP Head Pins
- Predetermined Length Beadalon 2mm Double Ball Chain (Measured to Fit Your Kitty)
- Beadstorm™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Beadstorm™ Round Nose Pliers
- Designer Flush Cutters
- Hot Fix Crystal Applicator Wand or Tweezers and Two Part Epoxy
- GS Hypo Cement for Paper
- Sharp Scissors or Exacto Style Knife
- Cutting Board
- Bead Board
Create the pendant first by printing your kitty’s name or a funny phrase out on a blank sheet of paper. Scan, shrink and cut out image of kitty and glue this to the printed page, making sure it all will fit into the circle sticker. If you are able to scan the image on the page with the lettering, even better! Slide clear sticker on sheet over images before gluing to ensure proper fit.
Place circle sticker from sheet on image, pressing firmly to remove air bubbles. Trim excess paper from edges of sticker with sharp scissors or by laying the sheet down on a cutting mat and using an Exacto style knife. Dab a small amount of glue into the metal frame, wiping excess. Place image into frame and allow to dry.
Use the hot fix applicator to adhere Swarovski crystal to top of circle sticker, do this carefully to prevent melting plastic or use flat back crystals with no glue and attach with a two part epoxy and tweezers.
Cut a predetermined length of double ball chain using your flush cutters to clip the links. Attach a heavy duty spring ring clasp to each end using jump rings.
Lay the design flat to attach charms. Beginning in the center, attach the pendant along with an open heart and a Magatama bead using your pliers to open and close the jump ring securely.
Create the remaining dangles on loop topped head pins as follows: 3 fish, 4 Czech ovals, 4 dichroic tubes with Toho cubes at the top and bottom.
Working from the center, attach a fish bead on a looped head pin, open heart and a Magatama on a jump ring to the ninth opening on each side.
Move up nine more openings and attach a dichroic dangle with three Magatamas on the jump ring. The Magatamas should fall to the top of the dangle and be slid on after the dangle to achieve this result.
Move up nine more and attach a Czech glass oval, open heart and Magatama.
Repeat this pattern on both sides adding on one more dichroic dangle and one more oval dangle. Depending on your cat, you may need to adjust these numbers; the sample has 3 more openings and the clasp.
Attach a final fish, heart and Magatama dangle to the jump ring on one end of the clasp.
- Check back through the dangles to ensure that they are properly secured.
Read NextRepurposed Tin Necklace Set
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.