Nightlife Bracelet and Earrings
You can use any monochromatic color scheme for this bracelet from Katie Hacker. Try shades of red, purple, turquoise or green for an equally dramatic effect.
- .018 diameter bright Beadalon 19 Strand More Flexible Bead Stringing Wire
- About 30 assorted black/metallic mixed seed beads
- About 180 assorted black/metallic 8mm glass beads
- Six 2mm silver crimp tubes silver toggle clasp
- 24-gauge Silver craft wire
- Designer Crimper
- Nipper tool
- 18 assorted black/metallic 6/0 seed beads
- Six 1 1/2" silver head pins
- 2 silver ear wires
- Two 8mm jump rings
- Beadstorm™ Round Nose Pliers
- Beadstorm™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Nipper tool
- Cut six 9 1/2" lengths of Beadalon 19 Strand More Flexible Wire. Hold two strands together and string a crimp tube 1/2" from the end. String the Beadalon wire through half of the clasp and back into the crimp tube to form a small loop. Use a crimping tool to crimp the crimp tube. Repeat for the other sets of two strands.
- Working with one strand at a time, string sections of 1/2"-1" of mixed seed beads alternating with 8mm beads. The look is very random, so don't spend too much time on bead placement. Place a piece of tape over the last inch of beading wire to prevent the beads from sliding off while you work on the next strand.
- When you've beaded each strand, use crimp tubes to attach the clasp as in Step 1. Cut a 1" length of craft wire. Hold the crimp tubes together and wrap the wire tightly around them to create a decorative coil. Repeat for the other end of the bracelet.
- String a black bead and three 6/0 beads onto a head pin. Use round nose pliers to make a loop above the black bead. Cut off any extra wire and attach the beaded head pin to a jump ring. Use two 6/0 beads, a silver bead and a 6/0 bead to make a beaded head pin and attach it to the jump ring. Use three 6/0 beads to make a beaded head pin and attach it to the jump ring. Attach the jump ring to an ear wire.
Tip: Follow the instructions on the crimp tool package to crimp the crimp beads or tubes.